Lite-ON LTR-52246S problem! Please help!

vbimport

I’ve just started burning a few avi files on my new Lite CD writer and notice that on opening the cd’s and playing them on computer the Lite CD player is installed is VERY slow. I tried playing them on other computers and still find it to be a problem. At first I thought it was a codec problem, but it isn’t.

In the past I’ve written avi files with older burners and have had no problem with opening the CD folder to view the file(s), play avi files, etc. When I had the Lite CD installed I had it done in a computer shop and had told them my motherboard wasn’t working properly at the time I was using a SOYOS motherboard.

I’m using a Gigabyte motherboard GA-6VX7+(my old one), and I wonder if the problem with the writing process may be a hardware conflict or prehaps I need to reconfigure the CD drive in some manner. From what I understand, a CD player plugs in the same way as most do into the motherboard/sound card, and I don’t know of any jumper setting that would need to be changed specifically that would of been different then my old CD I had prior to this one (Sony CD-RW CRX175E2). My bios picks up the Lite-on cd player under Secondary Master (I have 2 hard drives, 1 cd drive, 1 floppy). windows xp home edition was the OS for both the writing of the avi file(The Lite-on CD), as was the other two computers (windows xp).

My older CD player (Sony CD-RW) seemed to have no problems with writing files to the same cd’s I am having problems with the Lite CD player. I installed the Sony CD-RW player on a friends computer and playing any cd copied my main desktop with the Lite-on cd player would have slow loading times.

Is my Lite-On CD player defective, perhaps setting need to be changed, or some incompatibility issue?

Sorry for the lengthly description of the problem, I’m no tech wizard, but hope this information can help solve the problem.

Thanks.