Lite-ON LTR-52246S 6S08 Released

Spotted here:
http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=45280#45231

Download:
http://www.liteonit.com/webfw/LTR-52246S/R526S08.zip

I think “released” may not be completely accurate. We know that LiteOn makes lots of firmwares that don’t get released. I will wait for an official release.

Cannot read Cactus 100 V3 :frowning:

Originally posted by rdgrimes
I think “released” may not be completely accurate. We know that LiteOn makes lots of firmwares that don’t get released. I will wait for an official release.

Look at the URL:
http://www.liteonit.com/webfw/LTR-52246S/R526S08.zip

It is official…

I installed it and nero showed max burn speed on princo as 52x when older versions off firmware show it as 40x max

the funny thing is in my speeds it shows 52x top then skips 48x and shows 40x and below.

Info tool showed max read speed as 12x too so i went back to 6s07

Originally posted by goofydave
[B]I installed it and nero showed max burn speed on princo as 52x when older versions off firmware show it as 40x max

the funny thing is in my speeds it shows 52x top then skips 48x and shows 40x and below.

Info tool showed max read speed as 12x too so i went back to 6s07 [/B]

Dave, I don’t have a lot of faith in the ‘read speed’ indicated in Info tool.

I’m using a branded PNY disc (Digital Storage Technology) and it’s 16x rated. It’s smart burn speed is 40x and I’ve confirmed that to be maximum error free burn speed.

Nero Info tool also reports the read speed as 12x, but practical tests prove 52x reading on the outer edge is normal. So info tool is not always correct. Actually I was getting 53.8x as the read speed.

My burn speeds are fine, from 52x down to 4x, all are present.
52x,48x,40x,32x,24x,16x,12x,8x & 4x. When I enable Smart Burn, 52x & 48x vanish, and I’m left with 40x & below. Which is “right on the money” for these 16x discs.

I just switched from 6s07 to 6s08. I have not noticed any problem to date with it.

yup I agree…

I installed it again cos i just gotta have DS08 :slight_smile:

and after using a disc to read in it. It showed all the speeds available and i dont have any problems…

I just tested these 48x cd’s that used to say 40x and now the 52x option has gone and is exactly what it should be … 40x and below…

So i would assume (its the first time i’ve looked str8 after flashing) that maybe the device needs to be used to read once for it to get the correct information…

I only checked the stats cos altho the file comes from liteon site… since its not listed… for all we know it might never be listed so i wanted to be sure it worked.

I agree with the suspicions, this is probably a beta testing version.

The last offical firmware was released on Dec 4th, 3 weeks ago.
A firmware release 3 weeks after the previous one would indicate a problem with 6s07 in my mind.

After all, how much new media is there every month that needs to be supported?

It is a strange 1. I’ve been using liteon for almost a year and i’ve never seen a beta firmware released … let alone someone finding a firmware on the website yet to be officially posted on the firmware section

altho a few of us on this forum found the firmwares for dvd’s located on the dvd firmware site, yet they were not actually posted on the firmware page either