Lite-on LTR 48246S spins up, and down

vbimport

Hellow,

I am Michiel and I’m a designer (see site), but that doesn’t matter. I use my burner to backup Photo’s, music, and creations…

I’ve searched for long to solve this problem but fanally end up here registering in this forum…

It seems to happen more. The higher the write speed I choose, the lesser the chance it really starts buring. Nah, buring, buring… often it ever burns ‘hot enough’; some files are not readable sometimes. SMASH! there goes CD #589 :wink:

I don’t use crap CD’s, I use TDK CD-R80 at the moment. And I returned a 50CD roll of Imation 80 minute CR-Rs becouse this LTR 48246S did not even recognize it as a CD.

Now here is the really fun part: The ONLY CD that ALWAYS burns PERFECTLY is this Verbatim Multi-speed CD-RW !!! Why this specific 12x-16x CD-RW???

What I tried:

• Intall Windows 98 ( I got tired of WinXP so… ) No results.
  • Tried to install new firmware, where I got this unique message:
    http://www.mdbsite.com/zgadoe/lite-on_error.gif
    Cool eh? After this message it is closed.
  • Posting a problem at problem report on iteonit.com.tw site. But that’s difficult on a blank page…

HEEEEEELLLPPPP!!!

Am I blind or did you not put down what software you’re using to make these photos, music, and creations w/ your lovely TDKs and Verbatims? And the version of the software.

What firmware does your 48246S currently have? If you can’t flash it w/ the .exe firmware from lite-on, download mtkflash and .bin firmware then flash it in DOS.

This is doing this all the time?? That error looks like a wrong firmware with the drive message and there could be something wrong with the burner.

Originally posted by Stoner
Am I blind or did you not put down what software you’re using to make these photos, music, and creations w/ your lovely TDKs and Verbatims? And the version of the software.

Oh yes I aslo save backups of software yes :wink:
I use nero 5.5.9.5, came with the Fujutsu/siemens Scaleo 600 PC.

Upgrade to the latest version of nero. Just a quick download. here

Also, in nero, go to the recorder menu -> choose recorder -> highlight your drive. What firmware version do you have?