Lite-On LTR-40125S

I just bought Lite-On LTR-40125S and I was just wondering what are the differences in Lite-On LTR-40125S and LTR-40125W with the current firmwares?

I have newest firmware (ZS0N) on my drive and I have done some tests with it. I tried Mount Rainier and it seems to work ok with InCD.

I made some tests using Nero CD Speed and the burning method on the drive is P-CAV and reading method is CAV.

Does anyone know is there ANY advantage I would get from flashing my drive to LTR-40125W… or should I just keep it as S-model?!?

BTW: I don’t need to upgrade to 48X drive, because I have bought large amounts of cheap 32X compatible CD-Rs which I’ll be burning for a while. :slight_smile:

With the newest FW there is no difference between them… :slight_smile:
(Remeber they are the same drive, just different revisions…)

Hey, I’ll be getting my 40125S tomorrow. How do I check the firmware version? It’s not likely to have ZS0N as this just is dated 8/27. Any idea what the diffs are betwen ZS0A, ZS0J, Zs0K, and ZS0N? I saw in a review that ZS0A can’t do Mt. Rainier.

ZS0A is Z-CLV.

How to check the current firmware is explained in the LiteOn FAQ.

The 40125s showed up today, firmware version ZS0K. Burns an Audio CD in ~3 minutes. This thing rocks!