Lite-On LTR-24102B 24/10/40 CD-RW and Lite-On LTD163 DVD ROM

vbimport

Hi guys, can anyone pls help me, Im planning on buying this two drives tomorrow, I just wanted to know if this is a good buy, I always do audio CD and rips DVD to AVI, will this benefit me? Is there any compatibility issue with the CDRW drive? Are all CD's created by this drive fully compatible with all CD Players? (Portable, Home or Car CD Player)

Do I need to upgrade the firmware after buying it? Im going to use it under Windows XP, will there be any problem with regards errors or anything? Thanks so much.

The only potential problem I can foresee is that the Lite-Ons are not too good with protected audio CDs. Normal audio should be no problem for you though.

Hope that helps

Do you have any suggestion if ever I replace the DVD ROM? Thanks again.

Originally posted by humblehyper
[B]Hi guys, can anyone pls help me, Im planning on buying this two drives tomorrow, I just wanted to know if this is a good buy, I always do audio CD and rips DVD to AVI, will this benefit me? Is there any compatibility issue with the CDRW drive? Are all CD’s created by this drive fully compatible with all CD Players? (Portable, Home or Car CD Player)

Do I need to upgrade the firmware after buying it? Im going to use it under Windows XP, will there be any problem with regards errors or anything? Thanks so much. [/B]

The LTD 163D rocks. Over here in Singapore, the OEM costs around US$38 only.

If you want to read all protected audio cds, you need a (very expensive) plextor drive.

What is the difference (if any) between the LiteOn DVD drive models:

LTD-163D
and
LTD-165H

???

Is one better than the other?

Thanks

peleton.

The LTD-165H supports reading more DVD formats and is a bit faster in CloneCD. But can’t be made regionfree as easy as the LTD-163.

Thanks OC-Freak,

I am sorry if this causes problems, but I also posted some q’s here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&goto=lastpost&threadid=48083

I am basicly trying to decide what DVD drive to get.

thanks

peleton