Lite-on LTR 1653S tray problems

vbimport

I’ve got my DVD RW drive from Lite on the 1653S… I’ve gotsome issues with the ‘tray’. After I eject the drive, after sometime, it automatically goes inside… Any firmware/alignment problem? And I don’t have the original firmware (lost it), the firmware it got detected automatically was the Windows driver, it works fine… but I’ve got this ‘tray’ problem, No problems with burns! :bigsmile:
an’ one more thing after I finish burning with Nero,after I click ‘DONE’ the tray ejects, goes back in automatically for sometime and again ejects, and this keeps repeating unless I close the NERO app. Is this an alignment/ firware prob. again?
Should I upgrade to latest firmware CS0T?? I’m hesitating to do so, coz’ won’t it affect my drive’s performance? U see it works fine now… I don’t want it to die.

EDIT: DVDInfoPro says it’s CS02 – maybe it was factory loaded in the set itself…

this seems weird; to close automatically seems ok, most units does this in order to prevent using the tray as a tea-cup holder but to eject and then reinsert repeatedly seems like some sort of a joke program - I encountered one program that repeatedly ejected and than inserted the tray but that was a simple command. Try to scan your sistem for some weird program that load at startup.

@=CrAzYG33K=
if your firmware is CS02, you should update to CS0T. this may solve your problem and is also an up to date firmware.

I understand… but isn’t it kinda risky?? It seems OK while burning now…
aand the eject thingie… Could it be a Nero problem?? I don’t think so…
I’ve found out one other thing, while I right click the DVD RW Drive and click ‘EJECT’ the ‘ejects out, goes in again’ syndrome occurs again - repeatedly…
So I presume it’s a software ‘thing’ … You ppl know - did the CS02 firmware revision have this kind of a ‘bug’?

OK - I’ve upgraded to CS0T Firmware and the problem persists…
Now I’ve got some questions… Is this happening because?

1. I’ve put the 1653S as a slave and my Lite-on CD RW as my master… Can I interchange and see?
  2. Someone told me it happens coz’ of loose IDE cables, Cable not connected properly… Can I try and change that?
  3. Is this a problem with the alignment of the burner???