LITE-ON LTR-16102B can't read right

Ok, I am having some trouble with my LITE-ON LTR-16102B I am able to files and directories off discs, but the disc title will not show up. Also I get an error when I try to access the drive with a cd-r in it (e: is not accessable), and finally when I go into nero it says the drive is in use when I try to burn. I recently installed forceaspi because I was having some trouble reading audio cds, and it fixed it. Anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong? I am running Windows XP Pro, with SP1.

Ok, I installed new firmware… that didn’t help either

still looking for some responses

have you updated your IDE drivers ? what operating system are you running ? what version of nero ?

gio

Windows XP Professional w/ SP1
Nero 6.0.0.11
and no have not updated my IDE drivers… but I will now.

if you want to use nero 6 you might want to update it too . I use nero 5.5.10.42 . I would suggest also that you get the newest nero and updates. Nero 6 Fixed alot of different wierd errors in there updates so they are very important to get .

gio

Well, I updated nero, and I installed some new ide drivers. This somewhat solved my problem. I got nero to burn a cd, and windows now recognises cds properly, EXCEPT when I put in a blank cdr… I get this error

I have no idea what could be causing that. Anyway thank you for all the help youve given me so far. Now just one little hurdle left

:slight_smile:

Can you unistall nero completely . Also you might want ot clean the registry with regclean or there is clean tool on nero ftp site that will clean all registry entires from nero

ftp://ftp6.nero.com

i cant remember if it is the registry checker or general clean tool.

I think it is general clean tool . well you have to unistall nero and then run general clean tool . And then reboot. After that just go ahead and see if you can access drive or not . Also I would also just change IDE cables with a new one but if it was working before i doubt this would be your problem, but cant hurt .

gio