Lite-ON LH20A1S vs Lite-On LH-20A1H

vbimport

Hi,

been reading 2 very good reviews of the Lite-On LH-20A1H (pata) and then i read 1 not so very good review of Lite-ON LH20A1S (sata) from a site that did not reviewed the Lite-On LH-20A1H.

How can this be? If the reviewers say that the only difference between the 2 burners is the interface, why a not very good review ?

Reg.

To be perfectly honest, reviews are often worthless except to get a general idea of a drive’s capabilities, but real-world user experince, along with firmware changes and other tweaks that occur over the lifetime of a product can significantly alter it’s overall reputation. Reviews simply do not define whether a product is good or bad, they just give you a general overview of what a product might be like. Not all reviewers are competent or thorough, either.

The LH-20A1x drives are classic, but very old. If you were to consider a Lite-On, I wouldn’t look at anything older than the DH-20A4x series drives.

I still have a LH-20A1S and it still performs well. It’s in my wifes machine.

Actually i already have the Lite-On LH-20A1H witch has been working very well, i was just curious if just the change of interface could make such a difference.

Speaking of working well my Lite-On LH-20A1H now won´t eject as it should one have to press the button for a while, if i eject by software it ejects right away, anyone knows a short cut to eject right away without to right click and select eject?

Anyone[B]?[/B]

If you can find one.

[QUOTE=pfloyd1;2473380]If you can find one.[/QUOTE]
?? I said i already have one

[QUOTE=Plextorpremium;2472187]Actually i already have the Lite-On LH-20A1H witch has been working very well, i was just curious if just the change of interface could make such a difference.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it can make a difference, but it’s not the interface that results in the difference, but the difference in the firmware and other mechanical aspects of each drive.

But of course, as I said before, reviews don’t often mean anything in terms of the real-world. In real world use the drives may work the same. That was just one review, so it doesn’t necessarily equate to a trend. Maybe the drive he reviewed was faulty.

thanks, the reviews that i saw were from 3 sites with reputation (just a litle doubt of one) like cd-r freaks.