Lite-On LH-20A1S firmware

What is the best (patched) firmware for this drive?

If you look here
you will get a wide range of opinions.

I already did, but the wide range of opinions did not help much.

Don’t know how valuable my opinion might be since I just bought a 20A1S. Mine came with 9L08 f/w. Once I was satisfied everything was OK with the drive (about a day), I flashed C0deKing’s patched f/w with FB, EOS and EOHT 1. Several test burns with CD-DVD Speed showed a definite improvement with the patched f/w.

But C0deKing released new f/w with EOHT 2 almost immediately, so I flashed with that. The first test burn with improved EOHT 2 didn’t scan quite as well as scans I got with EOHT 1, but it was still better than stock f/w and there seems to be some improvement since. I’m sticking with the newer patched f/w for the time being.

One good thing about trying new f/w is that it’s always possible to go back to what you were using if you don’t like the new version. The bad thing about patched f/w is that it does void your warranty. That’s why I waited a day before I flashed.

Overall I’m very pleased with my 20A1S so far. My BenQs have been my burners of choice, but the new Litey will probably replace them in that position. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=larc919;1983351]The first test burn with improved EOHT 2 didn’t scan quite as well as scans I got with EOHT 1, but it was still better than stock f/w and there seems to be some improvement since. [/QUOTE]
What setting did you use? And what media?

I’m just about to flash codeking’s firmware onto my 20a1s and I use only Verbatim. So I’m kind of curious about what you did.

[quote=seekalpha;1983934]What setting did you use? And what media?

I’m just about to flash codeking’s firmware onto my 20a1s and I use only Verbatim. So I’m kind of curious about what you did.[/quote]My initial testing was with Verbatim MCC 004 (old packaging) with SmartBurn set to Force Hyper Tuning, Over Speed Writing and Online Hyper Tuning. Comparison CD-DVD Speed test burns were at 16x. I tried one at 18x with stock f/w, but it turned nasty when speed got above 16x.

Burns with 9L08 stock and FB-EOS-EOHT 1 patched f/w are here
and the burn with newest FB-EOS-EOHT 2 f/w is here.

EDIT: Just tried those links and they didn’t zero in on my posts. Mine are near the bottom of the first link and near the top of the second.