Lite On LH-20A1P - No Sound/Audio on DVD's - Help!

Hi there,
I just installed a Lite On LH-20A1P drive and I just tried it out to see if I could watch one of my already burned dvd’s and I get great video, but no sound!

I tried original DVD’s and the same thing. I’ve tried 10 different DVD’s and all the same…NO SOUND! :confused:

CD’s play just fine on this drive and I know my speakers/sound work.

I’m currently unable to get NERO 7 Essentials to play anything, so I’ve had to try all this through Windows Media Player. Like I said, great picture, but no sound/audio. I’ve tried everything I can think of. If anyone has any advice or tips on what I’m doing wrong I’d greatly appreciate it. I don’t get why it would give me audio/sound for CD’s, but not DVD’s. It’s currently set up as a slave on my machine. Is it a Windows Media Player issue or something else?

Also, does anyone know why NERO won’t read any DVD’s in their Showtime program?

Thanks so much!!!
-Elvis

Try it on a standalone, plug your speakers in the right plug back of PC,try turning the volume up.
If all else fails buy a new PC and throw old one out the window.
I’ve burned 1000’s of cd’s /dvd’s and never had a audio problem, it’s your hardware,software.

Seriously check your nero settings, are you using spdif or analog audio out?

You took the word right out of my mouth on how LITEON DVD drives, brand new out of the box, installed by professionals, and professionals going over and over it until they gave up and said throw away my mother board (which I am am not going to do) becuase apparently ASUS boards and LITE-ON/Nero do not get along or some ridiculous reason like that. So I am desperate to not have thrown away hundreds of dollars too just because a certain brand of DVD play wont play sound with DVDs, it does play CD sound, just not DVD sound.

I was replying to the person with the Lite-On drive and no audio problem, and I see my reply is there in response to something else; I hope I am getting this reply stuff correct, Im new in this forum, and sorry if I sent the reply to the wrong person–the reply button was next to the topic I was replying to, then I see my reply down there next to some thing that has nothing to do with what I replied to.–here goes one more time…

What OS are you using, and what is the make of the mother board? Is there a sound card, or onboard audio?

[quote=appell1;2123150]I was replying to the person with the Lite-On drive and no audio problem, and I see my reply is there in response to something else; I hope I am getting this reply stuff correct, Im new in this forum, and sorry if I sent the reply to the wrong person–the reply button was next to the topic I was replying to, then I see my reply down there next to some thing that has nothing to do with what I replied to.–here goes one more time…[/quote]Welcome to the forum, appell1! :slight_smile:

The “Reply” button is for a general reply to the topic. If you want to reply to a specific post, use the “Quote” button under that post instead.

Sometimes, sound on DVDs can’t be heard when they are played on your computer because there is no AC3 decoder. Installing a DVD player program such as WinDVD or buying the decoder for WMP will usually solve the problem.

Did you notice the post you were replying to is from 2007?