Lite-On LH-20A1L-06C: Cannot Burn TYG02!

:a Hi

Everytime i try to burn TYG02 with Nero CD-DVD Speed’s ‘Create Disc’ function it fails. I have tried all the various settings in SmartBurn 3.1.1.6t to no avail. I have also tried other applications, ImgBurn and DVDit Pro HD, to no avail.

The Taiyo Yuden DVD-R TYG02 was purchased at genesysdtp.com in a 50-pack. The batch# is GG000267. I only have a few left.

Thanks
NBK

Hi

bump…

NBK

I have almost the same problem with TYG02 on my 20A1P and my 20A1S both
burners have a hard time with TYG02. One time I get the same error and the
next time it will burn the disc but the results are horrible at best. That is the
reason I have given up on buying or trying to burn any more TYG02 discs. :doh:

Hi getit29,

:a I have yet to burn a TYG02 in my LH-20A1L.

NBK

I had issues burning Panasonic TYG02 when I first flashed to LL0A (20A1H FB EOS). It failed right at the point where it changed from CAV to CLV. I tried two discs at 8x, and both failed the same way. I tried a disc in my Sammy and it burned just fine. I left my drive and came back later and it burned (albeit with less than stellar results). The error was the same NO ADDITIONAL SENSE INFORMATION. I flashed backwards to LL07 (closer to my drives OEM firmware dated 2-27-07), and it worked like a champ, with any of the LL07 FWs. So I’m not sure what’s up with this media drive combination, but I hope you get your issue resolved.

Drive: HP DVD Writer 1040d internal drive (OEM LH-20A1H dated March 2007). Originally FW EH23, flashed to LH-20A1H LL0A FB EOS before I actually burned anything.

Hi

Unfortunately there are no firmware updates for the LH-20A1L…

Thanks
NBK

Hi

I did contact Lite-On about this problem…i have yet to receive a response.

NBK

I have a guy that’s been talking back and forth with me VERY quickly…i’ll ask him your problem and report back.

I can’t promise anything as he didnt’ know that there was a BS04 update firmware…he thought BS02 was the latest firmware.

Which firmware are you using? Maybe BS04 is a hack someone made up? He said to be VERY cautious when upgrading to the BS04 firmware because as to his knowledge it’s not for the LH-20A1L…maybe try going back tot he BS02? If you want a copy…send me an email cnlevo@gmail.com

EDIT: Have you tried this BS04 Patched/Hacked FW http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=207033

I just sent the guy an email form lite-on asking him the problems. If you could email me or post any error messages or anymore details (i’m sure he is going to ask) that would be great. Thx…hope I can help you out!

Hi cnlevo,

I had been using BL02, but upgraded to BL04. See first post for an error message. This drive simply will not burn Taiyo Yuden TYG02 8x discs.

Thanks
NBK

I’m waiting on my reply from the lite-on tech guy i’ve been dealing with for a while. To see if there is a work around.

Did you try the patched/hacked Firmware I posted above?

cnlevo,

I have not tried the patched f/w yet. I do not want to void my warranty. I did try the ‘official’ BL04 to no avail.

Thanks
NBK

First burn ever with this drive, created disc from ISO with CD-DVD speed. Drive is connected thru Vantec SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 adapter. Disc is TY valueline.

Hi Cyclone,

I wonder why my TYG02 will not burn.

NBK

That is a tough question. These kind of wierd things is one of the reasons I got the Vantec adapter so I can easily try drives on different PCs to help narrow down problems to “PC related” or “drive related”.

I’ve tried the TY Watershields and they didn’t burn correctly. I didn’t scan with CD-DVD Speed, I just did an sfv check of the files and some of them were corrupt. Is anyone able to burn these discs with this drive or is it just a bad drive?

I have a LH-20A1L-05 and it hates Verbatim DVD+R DL discs. I create the ISO and Burn with IMGBurn. When I scan the disc with Nero 4.7.5.0 it stops at the layer break. When I scan the disc with my Benq 1650 the disc quality is typically between 60-80 with the layer break and/or the end of the disc being were the quality goes in the shitter. I bookmark the DVD to DVD-ROM. The failures seem to be PI. I also have seen the failure message No additional Sense Information (000000) error. My old Liteon never had these problems. I updated to BL04 and there is no improvement.
I am at my wits end. Any ideas?