Lite-On LH-20A1H Recognized By Computer But Wont Read Or Write Any Media

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On LH-20A1H. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Ive own this drive for going on a year now and really like it. But just recently ive had a big problem. I had this hooked up externally to my laptop via a EIDE to USB converter cable and it was working fine until one day i plugged it in and in wouldnt recognize any disk i put in. I reinstalled it into my desktop and it recognizes it correctly and shows up no problem but whenever i put a disk in it doesnt spin and wont read any media. I get a little spin WEAaaaww when i close the drive tray with now disk though if that means anything. I can double click in “My Computer” and open the drive whether theres anything in it or not and it just shows nothing. I tried burning a DL DVD with clone cd and it saw the drive but said it couldnt retrieve any information from it. Ive done a reflash on the firmware to LL0C and it didnt help at all. I would hate to give up on this drive cause i really dont wanna buy another so does anyone think theres anything i can do about this?

Try checking the DVD REGION. Make sure it’s been set. Enable DMA, 80-pin IDE, and uninstall any packet writing programs like INCD, DLA, DragToDisc, Or DirectCD.

Hope it helps.

BA