Lite-On LH-20A1H f/w LL0A and MIJ 16x Taiyo Yuden

Thanks for responding TooFastForYa,

One PIF spike is good? Where do i find MCC 004 PAPA media? I will get some Taiyo Yuden DVD+R Media later this year…

Thanks again
NBK

I don’t see any problem with the one little PIF spike, as long as the TFT looks good. I got my PAPA from Best Buy, Verbatim branded. Not completely sure how to know exactly what you are buying. Haven’t read up on that yet. I still have a good amount left.

I will do some TFTs later.

I have an unused 100-pack of MCC 004 that apparently has no batch# that i bought at OfficeMax.

NBK

Hi

:a That single spike [0.5] shows on every TYG03 disc that i have burned recently :a

NBK

Sony branded MIJ from 10-pack
SONY16D1
burned @16x by Nero 'create disc’
SmartBurn 3.1.1.6t features on
I wish Sony made more MIJ

Pretty close to what I got with 16D1 Made in Japan [8x/12x/16x/18x/20x burns on MIJ all looked relatively close to each other].

Hey wallace0134,

Your 20x burns actually looked good? I am scared to try 20x again!!!

Thanks
NBK

From looking at all your scans from your drives, it appears that your current media is subpar. Your TY03 has the spike around 0.5 in all burns, and your MCC004 is PAP6. As I’ve said before look into getting Taiyo DVD+R media or MCC004 PAPA. I believe those both will yield great burns with your drives.

It will be awhile before i can get some Taiyo Yuden T03. I do not think that the TY03 is bad because my BenQ 1650 likes it. How do you find MCC 004 PAPA?

NBK

here is a 20x burn with 16D1. Substantially better than the MIT 16D1 I got after that. I think I also got some nice TYG03 burns at 20x, but no other media [SONYD21, TTH02, MCC 03RG20] supported at 18x or 20x natively maintained the 20x speed and was able to complete a scan. Note that I have a 20A1H and not a 20A1S or 20A1L. I’ve not had any MCC 004 or YUDEN000 T03 to throw at it.

Those scans look good!!!

NBK

I got my PAPA from Verbatim branded disk at Best Buy. As far as the TYG03 media, I’m not saying it is “bad” but it is the cause of that 0.5 PIF spike with your liteon burner.

:iagree: I agree :iagree:

NBK

Used Nero CD-DVD Speed 'create disc’
burned @16x
Sony branded TYG03 batch# GH000142

Used Nero CD-DVD Speed 'create disc’
burned @20x
Sony branded TYG03 batch# GH000142