My old NEC 2500A DVD burner is getting old and I’m looking to replace it with a new burner that fits my needs:
- I burn PC and PS2 backups so it NEEDS to read and write those well
- Needs bitsetting capabilities for increased compatibility with DVD+R
- I usually burn at 4x so high speeds are not necessary.
- Lightscribe is not necessary
- Being able to scan the quality of my burns would be nice
- I will probably be playing my game disc on this drive
After looking around these forums for a while, it seems that the BenQ (gone), Liteon, and Pioneer models are the best in general. The latest model from Pioneer is the 112D:
From Lite-On, theres the LH-20A1P: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827106050
And the LH-18A1P: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827106042
There has been only previews for these drives so far, and I’m not sure whether there will be a review because they seem similar to previous models. Currently, I’m leaning towards Lite-On because of this post: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=210519
Should I get the Pioneer, Lite-On, or maybe something else? Thanks for the help.