Lite-On iHBS212 question?

vbimport

I am considering buying a BD burner from liteon here is the link can anyone else tell me what they think about it? I won’t buy it yet but deciding on a future purchase of this unit? It is a North America model unit.

how write BD-50 with speed 1x on liteon iHBS212?

I bought it since it was on sale…but haven’t burn BD yet… I have to find a a BD worth buying and try to burn to test the BD feature. I am waiting for some worth while to buy and then I will give it a backup and then give a report back how it went. I seen BD 50G media but don’t know if any movies right now come in 50G BD media yet?

@coolcolors
Many blu ray movies are large enough that you have to use a double layer blu ray if you want a complete copy. And there are a fair number that the main movie alone won’t fit onto a single layer without compression.

But I see no reason to try to burn anything at 1x zmufin. For what purpose?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2606464]@coolcolors
Many blu ray movies are large enough that you have to use a double layer blu ray if you want a complete copy. And there are a fair number that the main movie alone won’t fit onto a single layer without compression.

But I see no reason to try to burn anything at 1x zmufin. For what purpose?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reply Kerry56

But I need 1x speed, do you know how?

You believe slowing the speed down to 1x will provide better compatibility then? This is not something you can count on for certain.

If you are burning blu ray video onto these disks, I’d start with 4x on a test burn. If you have issues with the video stuttering on a blu ray player, or having pixellation problems, then cut the speed back to 2x and see if you get a better burn.

Most cheap media is more of a pain in the rump than its worth. Where are you located? If you are in the US, try the Smartblu disks made by FTI. They are both inexpensive and high quality. http://www.mediamegamall.com/smartblu-bluray-disc-25gb-silver-lacquer-print-25pk-cakebox-sbr4ssh25-p-27685.html?osCsid=181aaaa3fb2f06ab5e5f7fd0a53894c6

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2606464]@coolcolors

But I see no reason to try to burn anything at 1x zmufin. For what purpose?[/QUOTE]

Well I am still with DVD right now and I kinda figure the BD would be DL movies. That DL media is pretty expensive even if it is to just test.

Oops, missed the fact that zmufin wants to burn [B]50gb[/B] disks.
http://www.mediamegamall.com/smartblu-value-bluray-disc-50gb-silver-lacquer-nonhub-print-50pk-cakebox-sbr6ss50-p-36118.html?osCsid=181aaaa3fb2f06ab5e5f7fd0a53894c6

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2606607]Oops, missed the fact that zmufin wants to burn [B]50gb[/B] disks.
http://www.mediamegamall.com/smartblu-value-bluray-disc-50gb-silver-lacquer-nonhub-print-50pk-cakebox-sbr6ss50-p-36118.html?osCsid=181aaaa3fb2f06ab5e5f7fd0a53894c6[/QUOTE]

It may make no difference since zmufin will be burning them at 1X ;). But I just checked out those new “value” Smartblu BD-R DL’s, and they are very possibly not the same kind of remarkable value as the rest of their Smartblu line. Pretty sure we’re not lookin at Falcons here. Darn! Back to the hunt for good DL’s on the cheap :).

My options for BD-R media is way to expensive to just make a burn and mess up on the burn. The Verbatim is 15/disc and Sony a whooping 35/disc for BD-R RW-DL. I about gagged when I saw the Sony DL BR media I thought it was a misprint. With those prices at this time and place will deter one from just experimenting to see how the burns turns out for now. I only will make a backup of a BD when I think I will find a better price for BD and for now any purchased BD would be played with caution and stored securely from damages. But so far for just backing up my DVD and ripping CDs it has been working good so far. Just from time to time on DVD backups with Slysoft software after two backup it for some odd reason on Anydvd HD loose the ability to get the dvd media info on the disc and have to reboot the computer to get dvd media info back reading correctly.