L0: 0x8A46
L0: 0x8E2D
L1: 0x8E29
L1: 0x8E39
L1: 0x8F6D
Patching: …
BurnerMAX IS enabled !
Free Space: 8,738,897,920 bytes

Where’d you hear that this is out? Haven’t heard of this revision, nor have i seen anyone mention it before…any idea what chipset (obviously MTK, but which one) if you find it, share with us where!

Found a post at T-X and they claim its not supported by burnermax…so it may not be a MTK chipset after all, did you try this burnermax log you pasted, or find that somewhere?

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139346

The ‘E’ works fine. The person that created that thread got it wrong.

And to reinforce that it is a MediaTek: somewhere around here is a post about an updated version of the Asus 24x drive based on the LiteOn E-series (not an LG, not a Samsung, not the 8/9/A/B/C/D LiteOn drives), and it has a MediaTek chipset.

Plus, now, we have the iHAS124 E results and discussion thread (created some time after the original post of this thread) showing it reporting jitter on DVD media. These days, when it comes to new drives, only MTK-based LiteOn drives report jitter.

Yea, as i said, i just found that thread, I had no experience with either drive (asus i, nor the liteon iHAS E, however i did see a asus i revision at a fry’s and chose to grab the C instead)

Glad LUK and Albert could clear up that for us. Thanks guys.

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2705492]The ‘E’ works fine. The person that created that thread got it wrong.[/QUOTE]

Greats, where to buy?

I was the person who created that thread @ TX forums and since then more reports appeared saying that the E revision is supported (back then there were no reports at all).

I ordered new E burners from a store claiming they would work just fine but I have the same problems I had back then (not enabled message in the payload tool).

Also in that thread I recently mentioned the new firmware revision available (4L04) for this drive. I tried flashing it but the updater throws an error and just won’t update the drive.

This is the firmware: http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_2067-file_4L04.EXE.html

I have the burner hooked up via a TX X360USB Pro if that matters.

Can anyone tell me what I can try to get these burners to work with the payload tool?

Try another adapter. Yours appears to be blocking the commands needed for updating the firmware and working the payload magic.

I have to say though… I don’t see that particular adapter doing that.

Not being able to flash via it seems to be a known issue - at least with one version of it anyway. There’s a workaround…

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86585

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;2713707]Try another adapter. Yours appears to be blocking the commands needed for updating the firmware and working the payload magic.

I have to say though… I don’t see that particular adapter doing that.

Not being able to flash via it seems to be a known issue - at least with one version of it anyway. There’s a workaround…

http://team-xecuter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86585[/QUOTE]

I was just hooking it up directly to my motherboard and that worked indeed. Payload enables BurnerMAX just fine.

What’s strange is that I’ve used this X360USB Pro just fine with C and D revision burners so when it didn’t work with the E rev I just assumed it was the drive, not the the adapter.

Either way, the drive works fine now and is indeed supported, my bad.

who has the backing of iHAS124 e

Codeking retired, so Flash Utility hasn’t been updated for a few years and doesn’t support recent Lite-On drives (from the iHAS ‘C’ version onwards & 2nd generation iHBS).

To read firmware from these drives you need to use DOSFlash. Writing firmware has to be done using the ‘Unlocked Flasher’ method.