Lite-On iHAP322 or LG GH22NP21 for external USB enclosure?

vbimport

#1

I have recently received a pair of external PATA to USB enclosures. I plan to put my old Pioneer DVR-111 in one, and I’m looking for a drive for the other. The only PATA drives that are readily available near me are:

Lite-On iHAP322
LG GH22NP21 (or NP20 or LP21)

These drives are very nearly the same price. I’ll be using the drive to burn DVD-R discs probably 90% of the time, CD-R the other 10%.

Is there any good reason to prefer one of these drives over the other?

P.S. I suppose another option would be to find another Pioneer drive second-hand. Would this be significantly better than these new drives?