Lite-On iHAP322 DVD Burner - 22x - PATA - Retail (Boxed) - $26.99 - Free Shipping - NewEgg

vbimport

Sweet, the iHAS version should be available soon too.

iHAP? Lightscribe, Smart Erase and makes pancakes too. :smiley:

[QUOTE=8mh;2138180]iHAP? Lightscribe, Smart Erase and makes pancakes too. :D[/QUOTE]

Just to clarify, the iHAP422 and iHAS422 are the ones with lightscribe.

[quote=8mh;2138180]iHAP? Lightscribe, Smart Erase and makes pancakes too. :D[/quote] I think the iHOP makes pancakes while the iCAN has cheezburgers?! :stuck_out_tongue:

Price has dropped to $26.99.

Thanks for sharing this special sales.

I got one and wondering if I may have received a melon unit or what?

The drive will read but will not burn, using cloneDVD2 software.

The unit came with a CD, and claimed to have “InCD Essentials” and “SmartErase”, but upon exploring the content of the CD, it only has installer for Nero 7 essentials and Adobe Acrobat reader.

For those who also purchased this, please confirm this info. Please also share as to how you were able to get your drive to burn properly.

Thank you very much in advance.
Techson

[QUOTE=Techson;2142889]Thanks for sharing this special sales.

I got one and wondering if I may have received a melon unit or what?

The drive will read but will not burn, using cloneDVD2 software.

The unit came with a CD, and claimed to have “InCD Essentials” and “SmartErase”, but upon exploring the content of the CD, it only has installer for Nero 7 essentials and Adobe Acrobat reader.

For those who also purchased this, please confirm this info. Please also share as to how you were able to get your drive to burn properly.

Thank you very much in advance.
Techson[/QUOTE]

Just used ImgBurn for burning, and C0deKing’s utilities for adjusting some of the drives settings.

I only bought the drive for it’s DL jitter scanning, but it’s proved to be a good burner, as long as you don’t go past 12x on SL, excellent TY support & Verbatim 8x DL (MKM003) needs some work.

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2142927] C0deKing’s utilities for adjusting some of the drives settings.
[/QUOTE]

Thank you, r_saotome, for the infos.

Never heard of C0deKing’s Utilities, let alone how to use it. Would you kindly go into more detail please.

[QUOTE=Techson;2142941]Thank you, r_saotome, for the infos.

Never heard of C0deKing’s Utilities, let alone how to use it. Would you kindly go into more detail please.[/QUOTE]

Sure, just visit the iHAP322 area in the LiteOn section.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-ihap322-ihas322-dh22a8-254326/

All the links are under C0deKing’s signature.

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2142944]
All the links are under C0deKing’s signature.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thank you, Buddy. Downloading that now. That gives me more hope.

Please confirm whether you found the “InCD Essentials” and “SmartErase” on the CD which came with the drive? If so, where in the CD and were you able to make them work for you?

Thanks again.

[QUOTE=Techson;2143011]Ah, thank you, Buddy. Downloading that now. That gives me more hope.

Please confirm whether you found the “InCD Essentials” and “SmartErase” on the CD which came with the drive? If so, where in the CD and were you able to make them work for you?

Thanks again.[/QUOTE]

I did get a bunch of CD’s in a plastic bag, but I never use 'em. I still have unopened plastic bags from most of my burners, dating back to the CD Burning days. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve personally given up on most of Nero’s apps, as have many ppl in this forum, except for Nero CD/DVD Speed & DiscSpeed.

I may crack open the bag to see how SmartErase works, but for the moment, I’m happy with a good ol’ fashion shredder. :slight_smile:

Please try using ImgBurn to see if you can get your burner working.

With the costs of DVD+/-R’s now-a-days & flash drives, I’m not sure how valuable an app like InCD is, but I’m talking out of hatred for it, since it brought me nothing but heartache & rage…lots & lots of RAAAAGE.

Thanks for all these great info. Yes, i do use ImgBurn along with CloneDVD as well.

And thanks as well to C0deking’s utility, my drive burns like butter melts around a hot knife. Both of these softwares have no issues with the drive.

It is always good to know what you are doing so don’t have to waste times on useless stuffs. I was desparate to get the drive working and keep banging my head against a non existing resource hoping and trying to see if any of these proclaimed-provided softies would make a difference.

Good for you not wasting your precious times.

Another quick question on a less than 7 mos old LiteOn DH-20A4P04C burner that rarely gets used, but suddenly become unrecognizeable in my system. Would any of C0deKing’s utilities helps in this matter? Hate to lose a good drive just because i don’t know what utilities to use to revive it.

Thanks again for your great support!
best regards

[QUOTE=Techson;2143050]Thanks for all these great info. Yes, i do use ImgBurn along with CloneDVD as well.

And thanks as well to C0deking’s utility, my drive burns like butter melts around a hot knife. Both of these softwares have no issues with the drive.

It is always good to know what you are doing so don’t have to waste times on useless stuffs. I was desparate to get the drive working and keep banging my head against a non existing resource hoping and trying to see if any of these proclaimed-provided softies would make a difference.

Good for you not wasting your precious times.

Another quick question on a less than 7 mos old LiteOn DH-20A4P04C burner that rarely gets used, but suddenly become unrecognizeable in my system. Would any of C0deKing’s utilities helps in this matter? Hate to lose a good drive just because i don’t know what utilities to use to revive it.

Thanks again for your great support!
best regards[/QUOTE]

If it still shows up in the BIOS, then you could try safe mode, slapping it into another computer, trying out an external case & if nothing else, there’s nothin’ like a good ol’ backup & re-install. But hopefully it won’t come to that.

And NP, I’m just part of a huge community that comes here to vent & help others. :smiley:

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2143054]If it still shows up in the BIOS, then you could try safe mode, slapping it into another computer, trying out an external case & if nothing else, there’s nothin’ like a good ol’ backup & re-install. But hopefully it won’t come to that.

And NP, I’m just part of a huge community that comes here to vent & help others. :D[/QUOTE]

I am sorry for being unclear. It actually was in an external case, which works fine with this iHAP322.

How would I go about checking in the BIOS to see if it shows up?

what do you mean by “a good ol’ backup & re-install” with this LiteOn DH-20A4P04C burner? Please help in more details.

Best regards

[QUOTE=Techson;2143141]I am sorry for being unclear. It actually was in an external case, which works fine with this iHAP322.

How would I go about checking in the BIOS to see if it shows up?

what do you mean by “a good ol’ backup & re-install” with this LiteOn DH-20A4P04C burner? Please help in more details.

Best regards[/QUOTE]

Either try it in another case, or connect it internally, see if the BIOS recognizes it.

Well, I was assuming you had it installed internally to begin with. Since WinXP can be flaky at times, sometimes re-installing your OS can help bring back a drive that appears in the BIOS, but not in the OS.

[QUOTE=r_saotome;2143285]Either try it in another case, or connect it internally, see if the BIOS recognizes it.

Well, I was assuming you had it installed internally to begin with. Since WinXP can be flaky at times, sometimes re-installing your OS can help bring back a drive that appears in the BIOS, but not in the OS.[/QUOTE]

Tried in two different cases, but to only one PC, same situation. Will have to find another Notebook or a desk top and see what can be seen.

Yes, it was my unclarity that led you to the assumption. Sorry.

Any good readings on Bios for a beginner that you might’ve come across?

Thanks again

I would think that BIOS would auto detect any drives hooked up to your system, IDE or SATA, unless you disabled them, but then again, I have NO idea how old/new your system/motherboard is, and I think we’re starting to get a bit off topic in here.

Anyway, I’m not aware of any beginners guide, you could probably do some google searching for that.

Here’s the guide I usually reference & what they can’t answer, I usually get help with at the [H]ard|OCP forums.

The Definitive BIOS Optimization Guide
http://www.techarp.com/freebog.aspx

Yes, we did got off the subject. I take full responsibility; didn’t mean to hijack this thread, but in the excitement of getting some help to get these drives going again, I sure did let my guard down.

I do appreciate all the excellent support from r_soatome. So far, you have helped me to save one of my drives. With the info you just provided, hopedly the second one will sone be revived.

Thank you so very much.
Best regards