Lite-on hd 166s not showing up on nero

Hi!

I have a nec 2500a dvd burner and just installed a lite-on 166s. I nero I shows the nec 2500a but not the lite on 166s I can and did do a speed test it just doesn’t give me the option of burning with the 166s. I had the lite-on 52246s and it showed both drives but now only the nec 2500a. Any ideas? Does nero support the hd166s or is it too new. I can read dvds and cds windows xp does see it. Just not in nero I am using nero 6.0.3

Thanks for any help!

lite-on 166s is not a burner, its a dvd drive :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Hemispasm
lite-on 166s is not a burner, its a dvd drive :slight_smile:

Its not a cd burner? I now its not a dvd burner but thought it was a cd burner

Nope its a DVD Rom drive unfortunately

ropdyke welcome to the forum btw :slight_smile:

[B]Nope its a DVD Rom drive unfortunately

ropdyke welcome to the forum btw :slight_smile: [/B]

Yep after reseraching more(which i should have done in the first place) its just a reader.

Thanks!!!

o.k a quick question…

I bought this reader to go with my new nec 2500a which dosn’t read scratched dics too good. Should I stay with that or get the lite on ltc 4816h. I have a liteon 52246s which was really fast, but can’t put all 3 in my machine?

Thanks!

If you do all your writting with the NEC drive, and you need a 2nd drive just for reading then the Lite-on 166s will be just fine :slight_smile:

If you do all your writting with the NEC drive, and you need a 2nd drive just for reading then the Lite-on 166s will be just fine :slight_smile:

thanks!!! I’m just concern that the cd burner of the nec is not as good as the lite on cd burner but so far its o.k

once again thanks!

You will find that the NEC wont be able to backup some of your games protected with the latest protection schemes. Other than that it should be just fine.

You will find that the NEC wont be able to backup some of your games protected with the latest protection schemes. Other than that it should be just fine.

Thanks for all your help. I will keep what I got and get more mem and a larger hd to make ripping and burning easier and faster.
THANKS!!

You’re welcome :slight_smile: