Lite-On for Toshiba?

vbimport

I currently own a Lite-On LDW-411S @ 811S. And my friend is selling his Toshiba SDR5372. I really am a newbie with DVD-RW drives and I couldn’t really compare drives in terms of their quality. Do you think I should buy his Toshiba SDR5372 or should I stick with my Lite-On LDW-411S? I’ve searched the net about the two drives but I am still confused. Your suggestion would be very much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

alot depends on how much he wants for the drive.

The first question I would be asking is why he wants to sell it. Then decide whether you want to purchase it. Toshiba has always built quality drives and LiteOn used to. As iss mentioned it would really depend on the price. 50% of retail for a used drive would be a pretty good deal.

“You can’t reason someone out of something that he didn’t reason himself into.” /.

he’s selling it because he’ll be leaving our country next week. and he doesn’t want to bring his rig with him. so he ask me if there is something I would want to buy in his rig, and I said I’ll think about the Toshiba SDR5372. Which of the two drives do you think is better, Lite-On LDW-411S @ 811S or Toshiba SDR5372? thanx a lot!

The Toshiba SD-R5372 is a much better drive from a features standpoint.

Features that the SD-R5372 has that the 411S@811S does not:
16x DVD+R writing
16x DVD-R writing
5x DVD+R DL writing
12x DVD±R reading
6x DVD-RW writing
DVD-RAM reading
Announced future support for DVD-R DL writing.
and more…