Lite On flashing a TDK, need help quick

I’m trying to do the flashing right now, and I’m not having any luck. I downloaded a boot CD from

http://www.firmware-flash.com/~hijacker/boot_disk/ntfs.iso

I put it in my drive, restarted my computer, and it booted from it. I was given a list of options, I chose the first one, boot Win 98 DOS mode. It loaded some files, and brought me to the A:> command prompt like I expected.

I then put in the floppy I had made that had on it mtkflash.exe and the binary firmware file. I typed

A:>MTKFLASH “3” R /B /M tdk52.bin

It said bad command. I tried just A:>mtkflash.exe, same thing. I didn’t try actually flashing it in case it worked, cuz then I wouldn’t be able to backup my old firmware, but I doubt it would have worked anyway.

What did I do wrong?

you booted from the cdrom.
so when your at the command prompt A: and type DIR, your going to see the contents of the cdrom.

would be easier (and safer) to just leave the flasher and bin on your hard drive.
so if you leave them on c:\ after booting type c: then press enter, then type the commands as you normaly would.

the other option is to use the liteon firmware patcher and then just patch the drive from within windows.

Originally posted by Neo_Reloaded
[B]I then put in the floppy I had made that had on it mtkflash.exe and the binary firmware file. I typed

A:>MTKFLASH “3” R /B /M tdk52.bin

It said bad command…[/B]

Don’t put the quotes in the command. And, you should put mtkflash and the firmware in some directory like “firm” on your c drive. When you are at the a: prompt, type “c:” then type “cd firm” and then you’re in the directory with the firmware. From there you will be able to run mtkflash.

Can that boot image read / write NTFS partitions under Win 98 DOS?

I would love a copy of the TDK 52x bin file. I have the TDK 48x and would like to flash it to the TDK 52 rather than the Lite-on.
By the way my first TDK 48x drive did NOT take a Mtkflash. No matter what I did would not work. Returned it and the new one is able to be flashed no problem.
I know I can use the Lite-on 52x, in fact I have, but I also want to try the TDK 52x.
So if anyone has it ( the TDK site doesn’t) please email it to me.
Thank you

bitstopjoe@fast.net
Joe S

I didn’t notice that, would you please send it to me too? dhc014@firmware-flash.com If you ever get the backup to work…

IIRC, booting from a cd with floppy emulation means the boot image is you a:

try switching to b: (really your 3.5" floppy) and running mtkflash