Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-812S

vbimport

When running Nero (6.3.1.6) I use 8x DVD+R discs when burning. However I don’t get the choise to burn at 8x, only 2.4x and 4x. When looking at supported burner I find that the Lite-On 812S is listed as supported since Nero version 5.5.10.51. I find this hard to believe since it’s a brand new DVD-burner. Does anyone else have this problem? I’m I missing something?

Sounds like your 8x +R disc are not being supported…

1. Make sure that these really are 8x +R discs and that you were not ripped off by someone selling a 4x disc as 8x (has happened before)
  2. Update to the latest 812S firmware.
  3. If all else fails, hack your firmware to allow 8x for this disc type. :wink:

Ok, fair enough it could be the discs, I will check… however I’m still curious about the drive information on aheads web site. Any information on that?

Ps And thanks for all the work you put into giving me useful tools for my lite-on drive :slight_smile: Ds

Some time discs that work at 8x with a dvd rw work only up to 4x with another brand dvd rw.

However upgrade the nero version and the firmware of dvd rw.

Originally posted by Trudd
[B]Ok, fair enough it could be the discs, I will check… however I’m still curious about the drive information on aheads web site. Any information on that?

Ps And thanks for all the work you put into giving me useful tools for my lite-on drive :slight_smile: Ds [/B]

Some dvd-rw may work with older versions of nero, even if they arent officialy supported(at the time Nero 5.5.10 was out). This is the case with nero 5.5.10 and your dvdrw.

Ok, I may be pushing it a little bit here, but… I see the points you all make, still, why does Ahead list the drive as only capable of x4 on DVDR and not x8? Typo? I promise this is the last question regarding this. :stuck_out_tongue:

It is either a typo , or just nero doesnt support higher speeds for this drive. Other burning software(or maybe future Nero versions) probably will.