Lite-on dvdrw sohw-1693s Help please (Lite-On SOHW-1693S)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On SOHW-1693S. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]right please bare with me i do have some (not much) computer knowledge i was using my lite-on dvdrw sohw-1693s drive in another pc and then took it out to install in my new work pc everything works fine when playing dvds but it does not play cds. i can put up with that part of it but the main thing is i can no longer burn discs dvds or cds. if i insert a blank dvd in drive it says 0 free space on disc. it defo is not the discs i’m using as i’ve tried several different brands and the ones i used with the sane drive in my last pc also dont work. i’m really really confused as to whats wrong with it as it plays the discs fine tried updating firmware for the drive and i think i did it right but still the problem continues please please help me my hard drive is too full and need to back things up on to discs

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Let’s try to test the drive :slight_smile:

Run CD-DVD Speed, and insert an empty media in the drive. Then select the “Create Disc” tab, select a burning speed, and press the start button. Is the drive able to complete the test? Can you post here the picture of the completed test?