Lite-on dvdrw lH-20A1H problem

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On LH-20A1H. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi Guys , The dvd will not recognise that it has a blank disc when inserted , however if a cd disc is in it will show all the info, Mb etc . It will play dvds but if i try to put a film to disc (using Nero 8} after trancoding the film it will say not enough room on disc as though it has a cd disc in.
Sorry if this is basic but so amn i when it comes to computers.

Cheers Al:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Ammo Al;2128373][qanda]This thread is about the Lite-On LH-20A1H. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi Guys , The dvd will not recognise that it has a blank disc when inserted , however if a cd disc is in it will show all the info, Mb etc . It will play dvds but if i try to put a film to disc (using Nero 8} after trancoding the film it will say not enough room on disc as though it has a cd disc in.
Sorry if this is basic but so amn i when it comes to computers.

Cheers Al:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

What kinda media are you using? Could be bad media?? How do you mean film to disc?? What is the file format? That might be also a problem. Did you check to see that the file isn’t corrupted and play by itself? Also could be the file size is to big to fit your media ie saying your using DVD5 (4.7G) instead you should be using DVD9 (8.4G) media.