Lite-on drives noncompatible with standalone CD-players?

vbimport

I have new Optiarc AD-7190A crossflashed to Liteon DH-20A3P with latest test firmware by Wind.

I have found that audio CDs burned on this drive are not playable on my standalone CD-player. The quality of recorded CD-Rs is OK according to CD-DVD Speed. The CD-player reads CD-Rs recorded on different drives without problems (old NEC, Pioneer, TEAC, new TSST, also whatever they put in Apple computers) . So I guess there is some kind of ‘voodoo’ noncompatibility.

I’ve found a couple of references mentioning people had similar problems with older Liteon models.

And last thing to mention: the problem problem was found when the drive was in its original state (Optiarc with factory firmware). I started playing with firmware and crossflashing to solve the problem, but with no results.

Can anybody here confirm they’ve noticed similar problems on their Liteon drives?

You burned those CD-R at what speed? Which firmware are you using? Lite-On DVD Burner doesn’t produce meaningful CD-R scan, use a BenQ to scan if you have one.

I suggest to move the discussion to another topic (which already exists):
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/lite-20a1l-audio-cds-237685/

it started with A1 model, but A3 model is also mentioned there

see also http://club.cdfreaks.com/2015835-post120.html

[quote=lesha_funk;2015836]see also http://club.cdfreaks.com/2015835-post120.html[/quote]At first glance, that’s more of a DVD media quality problem, and doesn’t have too much to do with the CD burning issue discussed in the other thread, IMHO. :flower:

For that DVD player recognition/playback issue, I’d just suggest getting better media, like Verbatim. It looks like what you have isn’t the best quality media, and if it doesn’t write right, it won’t play right. :disagree: You can try to burn them at 12x, as that CMC media doesn’t like slower speeds sometimes, but I’m pretty sure it won’t get too much better. :wink:

[quote=Albert;2015867]At first glance, that’s more of a DVD media quality problem, and doesn’t have too much to do with the CD burning issue discussed in the other thread, IMHO. :flower:

For that DVD player recognition/playback issue, I’d just suggest getting better media, like Verbatim. It looks like what you have isn’t the best quality media, and if it doesn’t write right, it won’t play right. :disagree: You can try to burn them at 12x, as that CMC media doesn’t like slower speeds sometimes, but I’m pretty sure it won’t get too much better. ;)[/quote]

I would not raise this question if I had same problems with cheapo media on my older hardware (NEC 3520 3 y.o., TSST SH-S162L 1,5 y.o.)

Ah, duly noted.

My suggestion to try 12x or different media still stands, however, as it might solve your problems with the DVD media as easily as the better firmware for CD burning solved the issues with CDs. :wink:

I also suggest trying out Hyper Tuning or Online Hyper Tuning–which only work for DVDs, so it can’t help your CD problem–to try to make the CMC MAG AM3 burn better. :slight_smile: