Lite-On DH401S - Scans and discussion here:

vbimport

Picked up this Blu-ray BD ROM drive since it was rumored to be able to perform Quality Scans on BD media.

So far I have been able to scan a BD-R disc filled with data, however, the scan hangs at 99%:

When scanning BD-R, BD-RE and BD-R DL which have video burned on them all three attempts would hang while the drive was attempting to spin-up.

Here is a TDK burned quite a while ago

Nero DiscSpeed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : BD-R
MID : TDKBLDRBA (000)

I also get stuck at 99%. Can’t close out DiscSpeed or CDspeed have to close it from the Task Manager.

Here is an ugly scan but it is a BD-RE and it is a Video

Panasonic.

Nero CD-DVD Speed: Disc Info
Basic Information
Disc type: : BD-RE
MID : MEI (001)

Looks like the CP54 firmware was a step backwards.

Not sure Kip, I can’t upgrade to that firmware, says no compatible drive found.

So maybe they are using 2 different chipsets for this drive?

There is a new version of your firmware with the same version number to match more media.

Mine says it’s not ATAPI there are 2 updates one for a dvd ram version and non dvd ram Connect direct via sata?

Trying again and unsupported file system on scan disk but numbers are moving and color comes to the graph. Tried on the LG as sata connected same experience. Will post result. Speed is greyed out.

BD The Patriot

[QUOTE=MegaDETH;2028399]Not sure Kip, I can’t upgrade to that firmware, says no compatible drive found.

So maybe they are using 2 different chipsets for this drive?

There is a new version of your firmware with the same version number to match more media.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the retail version and the CP54 firmware was factory loaded. Hopefully the next firmware release and some tweaking by the author of CDspeed will get this drive on track for BD scanning, lets hope.

Mine is also the retail.

My build date was November 2007, what is yours Kip?

I would still try flashing yours because that firmware even though it is the same revision is to match more media.

[QUOTE=The Kipper;2029036]I ordered the retail version and the CP54 firmware was factory loaded. Hopefully the next firmware release and some tweaking by the author of CDspeed will get this drive on track for BD scanning, lets hope.[/QUOTE]

I don’t remember when it was manufactured but CP54 is the latest firmware at the global and US site as far as I can see.

Has anyone gotten PowerDVD 8 Ultra to play Transformers 2 yet? I’m really getting tired of this software not playing the latest titles. I get the update nag, but clicking yes does nothing. It’ll tell me it updated, but won’t play the movie. Then trying again forces the update again. Over and over and over.

Have not tried any other blu-ray titles yet, but I assume it’s messed those up too. I’d upgrade to 9 ultra but if the same problems happen I’d be wasting my money as I did when I purchased 8 Ultra!