Lite-ON DH20A4H vs. A1H..Worse?!

Well, after one year of great Burns with LT A1H, i had to send it back, RMA.

The Store contact me today, and i receive a DH20A4H:rolleyes:

After install, did check DMA…ok…same IDE cable…ok…

Then, install latest FW: QP5A

Then reboot, and the first media i use was the Fantastic Pleomax +R 16, from Samsung ( Made in Taiwan, not the worrible made in India:Z ).

My suprise:eek::eek::eek:

Max Speed: 6X!!!:confused::confused:

Well, i was using Benq 1640, im using also Plextor 716, even the old 20A1H before, and they ALL did burn at 16X!!!:a:a

I`m burning a Verbatim +R at 12X, and no problem. -R from Verbatim, also no problems of max speed.

Why this media in special?

3 burners, they all burn Pleomax at 16X…and this unity not???

Bitsetting is ON
Hypertuning is ON
Everything is ON except Overspeed and Hypertuning by net…

Im getting a litle desapointed, with this unity already…:sad:

Maybe i should send it back, and get a A1H…

I have a lot of this media stuff…and i love the burns of it…

A normal scan, of Samsung Pleomax ,at 12X ( A1H ):

Dear cdfreks:

Your humble opinion about this A4H…worse…better…should i get a A1H?

Tks you ALL:bow:

Optodisc media has been locked to 6x in these drives. In early A1 firmwares, it was also locked to 6x, but only in the later revisions did it get an upgrade to rated speed.

I’m not sure if using the enhanced over speed firmware CK provides gets around the disc being locked to 6x [if normal OS doesn’t allow you to write any faster than 6x, it’s doubtful that EOS will]. You can try a strategy swap, but to what media code, I do not know. Remember, doing any of this will void your warranty. :wink:

I would not trade an A4 drive in. Rather, I would store the Optodisc media until it gets rated speed support and use other media. If I couldn’t do that, I would just bite the bullet and burn at 6x.

If you have a reliable source for an A1H, and you really like to burn the Optodisc media, have at it. It’s all up to you. :wink:

Hi Albert!

Yes i agree. I did already a Burn, with Verbatim +R ( Worse versin: Made in India ), and it was very good, both results with CD/DVD Nero speed and Klite.

I will try, Verbatim -R, since A1H, love them, geting better results than TY:clap:

If the result gets good, i will keep the unity.

For now, my first Burn, at 12X:

Its not Verbatim Taiwan stuff, but even so, very good:clap:

P.S. - I ear someone in this fórum, that the A3?, was model a litle more advanced…true?

All the best! and Great Burns!:flower:

Other question…sorry…

What is version [B]A[/B] and versio [B]S[/B]?

I have updated to with fw [B]QP5A[/B] but i do have also [B]QP59[/B] around here…

I can`t get a hystorical record, in short time, of all fw to this media…

Did i updated the correct FW?

The designation in Lite-On, is actually a litle confuse…:confused:

OFF:

If someone could get me ALL fw, i would apreciate a lot:flower:

mordorr

If you updated to the latest firmware from the LiteOn site, then you can download the latest EOHT firmwares from the Codeguys site. When you run the flasher, it will show whether S or A firmware is installed, and will warn you if you try to flash the wrong type of firmware.

The S and A are indicators, as there are slight variances in firmware for slight variances between some drives’ hardware [2 different types of laser diodes were used in the A4 models].

I’m not quite sure anyone knows just what changed between firmwares. But I’m sure that the latest firmware [QP5A] is just fine. :flower:

Albert

Many tks for all suport!

For one day, its lot of information…:bigsmile:

My last Burn [B]Verbatim DL 2.4X[/B]

Verbatim -R, seems to be also fine in my scan at this moment…:flower::flower:

Tks!

Hummmm…

My first Burn, was very quiete…in noise, and vibrations…

Today i did format my PC.

All check: DMA, etc etc…

Well, the Burn i did at 12X with Nero, did make a lot of noise and vibration.
I did put my thinger on the eject tray, and it did stop a litle…

The scan, with NeroCD/DVD, was very, very noise…:confused::confused:

Anyway…here is the result…:stuck_out_tongue:

It this normal? Such a noise and vibration, even with good results…:doh:

[QUOTE=Mordorr;2097607]Hummmm…

My first Burn, was very quiete…in noise, and vibrations…

Today i did format my PC.

All check: DMA, etc etc…

Well, the Burn i did at 12X with Nero, did make a lot of noise and vibration.
I did put my thinger on the eject tray, and it did stop a litle…

The scan, with NeroCD/DVD, was very, very noise…:confused::confused:

Anyway…here is the result…:stuck_out_tongue:
[/QUOTE]That looks good, even for an 8x scan.

If you scan at 4x, it’ll look better, and you get rid of the vibration. :iagree: Most people scan at 4x anyway for those reasons.

And you can always upload your scans to the CDF servers, BTW. You just have to make sure you watch the files sizes and dimensions [listed in the upload window]. :flower:

[B]@ XeCuTioNR[/B]: please do not post your problems in other people’s threads when it is a completely unrelated topic. This is called thread hijacking, and is highly frowned upon. Thread hijacking gets you little to no help. Please ask a moderator for this part of the forum to move your post to its own thread. :cop:

Hi Albert:flower:

Well, some burns after, the noise insn`t here anymore.

I think that it is the unity, that decides to use diferents speeds, for the same result…

For instance, im scanning a MCC004, with Nero CD/DVD, and there is any kind of Noise/Vibes,:bow:

About the speed, well, i still prefer the old school Kprobe, at 4X.

For a fast scan, Nero at 8X:p

OFF:

How can i upload my scans? Manage Attachements?

Isn`t imageshck the Best?

Mordorr

Yep, Manage Attachments is how you attach pictures. :iagree: When you click on that, you should have a window come up where you can browse to what you want to attach, click “upload”, and it should make sense what you’re doing.

This way, you don’t have to do any external linking, and your files won’t be lost should ImageShack break the links or such.

Tks once again, for all suport.

For now, im stick with many MCC004, i have here…:bow:

Mordorr

I prefer A1H because 20A4H firmware (even test one) doesn’t like burn CDR with MP3 for car audio play (discs didn’t play)

Mordorr, we prefer you use the normal post attachments. You can even insert attachments in the text now. After uploading the attachments (manage attachments), just select the attachment from the dropdown attachment list (paper clip on toolbar), with the cursor at the point in the text you want it to be.

Hi Boss!

I just came from vacations, so i could reply today…

UPDATE:

I did change my AH4, for a A1L ( SATA ).
Im very happy with it!:flower:

It burn all my Samsung Pleomax, at 16X, against 6X, with 20AH4:doh:

Also, it gives me a better impression, this unity…

Still need more testings…

My Advice ( and answer to my own post )

[B]Lite-On 20A1L[/B] is better than [U]Lite-On 20AH4[/U]:bow::clap:

Mordorr