Ritek F16
Burned @ 12x
SB-EOS-EOHT6 all ON
Forced HT OFF

[B]Drive:[/B] LiteOn DH-20A4P-21C - OEM - Jan 08
[B]Firmware:[/B] 9P59S FBL EOS EOHT 6 - SmartBurn Enabled - OverSpeed Enabled
[B]Media:[/B] AOne Plus Branded DVD+R DL 8x
[B]MID:[/B] RICOHJPN D01 @ 4x

so i guess this drive cant read past the second layer on DL disc??? as far as jitter goes??? is there a drive that can read the second layer jitter?

[QUOTE=CincyRob;2163425]so i guess this drive cant read past the second layer on DL disc??? as far as jitter goes??? is there a drive that can read the second layer jitter?[/QUOTE]

BenQ 1640, 1650, and 1655. None of which are made anymore :sad:

Stock firmware, SB-on, OHT-on. Verbatim burned at 16x.

[QUOTE=CincyRob;2163425]so i guess this drive cant read past the second layer on DL disc??? as far as jitter goes??? is there a drive that can read the second layer jitter?[/QUOTE]

The Lite-On DH-20A3x (rebadged as the Sony DRU-190x and Optiarc AD-7190x) and Lite-On iHAx322/iHAx422 (DH-20A8x) series drives can scan for jitter on the second layer of a dual-layer disc.

The discontinued BenQ DW162x, DW1640, and DW165x series drives can do the same (these drives are rebadged as the Plextor PX-740x, the Sony DRx-810A/UL/T, and the Philips DVD86x1/DVD8701/DVD88x1, among other models).

The discontinued Plextor PX-708x, PX-712x, PX-716x, PX-755x, and PX-760x series drives can also do second-layer jitter, but only using the proprietary Plextools software.

Drive: DH-20A4P-04
Firmware: Stock 9P54
Media: Falcon 8X DVD+R DL printable
Burn: 8X

Had less-than-great DL burns w/ 9P59 firmware, flashed to 9P54 and lookin’ much better. Older firmware not great w/ my TYG03’s, but I have other burners that love them.

It’s been a long time since I’ve tinkered around with scanning. The rip is from my NEC and is burned with IMG BURN. I think 16x could be 12x. Some 16x-r verbs burned with the Litey. Anyone like pie? I got to buy more media so I can get a rip from the litey. Also the rip is quite compressed.

It was 16x, and it was it’s very first burn ( second scan). Can’t wait to try more.

pleasу post you scan [B]Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4x (MKM001)[/B]

MID: Daxon AZ3 (BenQ 16 X DVD+R)
FW: 9P59 Official
Burn Speed: 8x P-CAV
Settings : All off

so i just ordered me a Lite-On DH-20A4P. what FW should i go with once i get it? should i leave the preinstalled FW in it???

so i just ordered me a Lite-On DH-20A4P. what FW should i go with once i get it? should i leave the preinstalled FW in it???

u can use C0deKing’s Frimware from this page :
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-dh20a4p-h-fast-burn-enhanced-overspeed-enhanced-oht-firmware-231875/
LH-20A4P (9P59 FB FBL EOS EOHT 6 *DUAL)

just for the record the Drive comes in 2 revisions of firmware “A” and "S"
that’s what’s meant by Dual in the firmware name (which automatically detects ur drive rev.)

if u want to manually Flash ur drive
download the Flash Utility-3.0.2–open it – select ur drive and it will tell what rev u have of the drive

download the Non dual pack and select the rev u have form the files with the Flash Utility (it will accept firmwares in EXE form normally)

i should have it tuesday.

is one revison better than the other?

well i never saw any of the "S"
but CK says the “A” has better odds in the terms of quality

u may look back a few pages for this and the previously Provided link

ok i have gotten the drive in and i have the A firmware as your pic above does…now heres where im lost. do i click on the read flash? it opens the folder with the FW’s in it. i have abunch to choose from. do i choose the one i want and then click write flash?

or am i missing something?

hmm dont think i need a FW update? what ya think about this burn/scan. first burn on the drive.

[QUOTE=CincyRob;2197959]ok i have gotten the drive in and i have the A firmware as your pic above does…now heres where im lost. do i click on the read flash? it opens the folder with the FW’s in it. i have abunch to choose from. do i choose the one i want and then click write flash?
or am i missing something?[/QUOTE]

Read flash backs up your current firmware to a file [reading the firmware from the drive].

Write flash writes the selected firmware to the drive.

When reading, you have to name the file yourself, and name it as a .BIN, because that’s how Flash Utility is going to write the firmware file. [It should append the .BIN filetype to the name automatically]. Don’t overwrite anything else.

When flashing using any of the enhanced firmwares [in self-flashing packages], you don’t have to use the Flash Utility to write to the flash. You don’t have to use it at all during this part of the process, unless you are trying to identify the firmware type [S or A].

If you download the enhanced firmware set that has “dual” at the end of its name, the self-flashing packages will choose the right firmware type [S or A] to flash, and you won’t have to worry about flashing “the wrong one”. :slight_smile:

u was just going to reply but as usual Albert to the rescue “Super Albert” :slight_smile:

CincyRob:
glad u have a good luck and got the “A” firmware one
good luck with ur new drive…have fun

hmm dont think i need a FW update? what ya think about this burn/scan. first burn on the drive.

very nice burn CincyRob

i have official firmware too for now
till i encounter something that needs to flash other ones