Lite-On DH-20A4P/H - Post your scans here

vbimport

Verb +R burnt 16x

all on

hello

i have a problem with this drive: using verbatim 8x mcc003 dvd-r i obtain a average pie errors 50 and pif error 0.05, and also terrible results on DL verbatim DVDs that sometimes they are unreadable and they go directly to the trash :frowning:

i’m running 9P59 stock firmware.

i have downloaded the smart burn utility to enable EHOT: is now enabled or i have to flash with the firmwares from Codeking?

thanks

No, it should be enabled, if you flash the drive again it will go back to factory setting.

which firmware works best for Verbatim 16x +r’s with the 20a4p drive? i always use TY’s, but I’m almost out. My last online order was a disaster. I ordered ten 100 packs of TY and 7 out of the 10 packs were coated in dust. I mean each individual dvd-r was coated in dust. I didn’t discover it until months after buying them. Supermediastore really screwed me over. I’m going to buy verbatim’s at office max this week. on sale $25 for 100 pack.

JVC 16x DVD+R
RITEK F16 ||| RiTEK Corp. ||| Taiwan
Written at 16x
HT=forced by the drive
9P59S stock
EZ-DUB A4P

Finally got those bad discs I wanted. :doh:

JVC 16x DVD+R
Written at 8x
[all SmartBurn options as default]
9P59S stock
EZ-DUB A4P

Acceptable.

JVC 16x DVD+R
Written at 12x
OHT = enabled
9P59S EOS EOHT 6
EZ-DUB A4P

Acceptable. My LG GSA-E40L coasters these discs.

ProMedia 8x DVD-R
SONY08D1 ||| Daxon Technology, Inc. [I] for [/I]Sony Corp. ||| MIT

Written at 16x [buffer underrun to 12x]
OS=enabled; OHT=enabled

9P59S EOS EOHT 6
EZ-DUB A4P

JVC 16x DVD+R
RITEK F16 ||| RiTEK Corp. ||| MIT

Written at 4x
OS=enabled; OHT=enabled

9P59S EOS EOHT 6
EZ-DUB A4P

Small burn.

MOSERBAER LITEON DH-20A4P. Bought today, no changes stock firmware.

Burnt at 8x.

How is the burn quality?

There is definitely room for improvement.

[QUOTE=adityamunshi;2152720]MOSERBAER LITEON DH-20A4P. Bought today, no changes stock firmware.
[/QUOTE]

adityamunshi can you please save a copy of your existing firmware with the Flash Utility and post a link in the firmware announcement thread? Thanks!

[QUOTE=superhero;2152728]There is definitely room for improvement.[/QUOTE]MBI media can – and often does – scan like that. But it’s still OK to pretty good with playback and longevity. Still, it would be nice to have a nicer scan. :iagree:

JVC 16x DVD+R
RITEK F16 ||| RiTEK Corp. ||| MIT

Written at 4x
OS=enabled; OHT=enabled

9P59S EOS EOHT 6
EZ-DUB A4P

[QUOTE=cvs;2152765]adityamunshi can you please save a copy of your existing firmware with the Flash Utility and post a link in the firmware announcement thread? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Here’s the link. Also posted in the announcement thread : http://rapidshare.de/files/40854407/9M74.bin.html

Albert. i see your not haven any good luck with those Ritek F16 disc. i have a hundred or so left and hate them…

thinking about getting this drive how do you all like it?

[QUOTE=adityamunshi;2153193]Here’s the link. Also posted in the announcement thread : http://rapidshare.de/files/40854407/9M74.bin.html[/QUOTE]

Not sure what, if anything, this might add above 9P59 for the branded units. Its internal build date isn’t much later.
For sure it doesn’t have the CDR jitter improvements we’re all waiting to see in an official build. Also unknown whether this is optimized for a sharp or Mitsubishi LD.

[QUOTE=schuster;2155798]Not sure what, if anything, this might add above 9P59 for the branded units. Its internal build date isn’t much later.
For sure it doesn’t have the CDR jitter improvements we’re all waiting to see in an official build. Also unknown whether this is optimized for a sharp or Mitsubishi LD.[/QUOTE]

Thanks adityamunshi!

The internal date for [B]9P59[/B] is: [B]2008/01/14[/B]
The internal date for [B]9M74[/B] is: [B]2008/03/11[/B]

Therefore 9M74 is 2 months newer, so there must be some changes one would hope …

This seems to be an [B]“A” firmware[/B] (Mitsubishi) => http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/moserbaer-liteon-dh-20a4p-firmware-update-255958/

Can’t say anything about media support since MSCE does not support it yet.
I haven’t tested it because my 20A4P is an “S” drive, and as such I don’t think the test results will be relevant!

[QUOTE=CincyRob;2155797]Albert. i see your not haven any good luck with those Ritek F16 disc. i have a hundred or so left and hate them…[/QUOTE]This is the only batch I’ve had that performs this poorly.

thinking about getting this drive how do you all like it?

I liked my first one so much, I got 2. It actually manages to write some media I like to use without coastering it.

RiDATA Branded
Ritek F16
Stock 9P59 w/ SB, FHT, OS, and OHT enabled using the settings utility.
Burnt @ 16x, 5:50 total burn time.

Roughly all burns come out this way, which is tolerable for me considering the $17.99/100pack I paid for them.