Lite-On DH-20A4P/H - Post your scans here

vbimport

I thought my Benq DW1655 was on its way out so I just picked up a Lite-on DH-20A4H from Newegg. I’ve read through this thread and a couple of others on this drive before I bought it. Here’s my first two scans. The 12x isn’t bad but can someone tell me WTF is up with the 16X burn speed and maybe a little help with settings. I’ve got Smartburn, Force Hyper Tuning, Over Speed Writing, and Online Hyper Tuning all Enabled.

I’ve also got a bunch of TYG02 and MKM-001. Any suggestions for those?

Thanks a bunch as always, CDFreaks!

QP53 is old firmware. I would go for the QP5A update. C0deKing’s tweaked versions are here.

As far as settings, I get good results with SB, OHT on, others off.

You are indeed a superhero. I missed that thread (see my sig.). Thanks for the info.

Sorry for jumping into the thread here, but owners are the ones to ask, and since I’ve seen conflicting reports on this…does the 20A4H support lead-in/lead-out reading in EAC, etc.?

Rodney

[QUOTE=rhester72;2142353]Sorry for jumping into the thread here, but owners are the ones to ask, and since I’ve seen conflicting reports on this…does the 20A4H support lead-in/lead-out reading in EAC, etc.?[/QUOTE]I’d be happy to test it for you but I’m not sure how I would know.

Alright, what gives with this 16x write. It looks like my puter won’t support the throughput necessary? That’s not making sense to me. This is QP5A with SB on, OHT on others off as suggested above. So far I am not impressed and rather happy my DW1655 decided not to die.

[QUOTE=Icy Mt.;2143071]Alright, what gives with this 16x write. It looks like my puter won’t support the throughput necessary? That’s not making sense to me. This is QP5A with SB on, OHT on others off as suggested above. So far I am not impressed and rather happy my DW1655 decided not to die.[/QUOTE]

How do you have the drive connected?

[QUOTE=Icy Mt.;2143071]I’d be happy to test it for you but I’m not sure how I would know.[/QUOTE]

Nero DiscSpeed:

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/download.html

Insert an audio CD, run DiscSpeed, Extra/Advanced DAE Quality Test. You’ll need to create a test CD, then run the test with Read Leadin and Read Leadout selected. It will return a report that either indicates it can’t do leadin (or leadout, or both) or will indicate how many sectors it could read of each. Ideally, it can do both, but a copy/paste of the results would be handy in any event. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Rodney

Never mind - I’ve since confirmed that the 20A4 will do lead-in and lead-out reads (as well as CD Text and subchannel data):

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Rodney

Fujifilm 16x DVD+R
PRODISC R05 (PRODISC Technology, Inc.)
Written at 16x

OHT=enabled; HT=forced by the strategy
9P59S EOS EOHT 6
EZ-DUB A4P verS

My first burn of this media ever. Not too bad. :slight_smile: Disc was a little scuffed before burning.

[QUOTE=Albert;2143082]How do you have the drive connected?[/QUOTE]
Primary IDE Channel Master = Seagate ST3120022A (120g)
Primary IDE Channel Slave = Seagate ST3320620A (320g)
Secondary IDE channel Master = Liteon DH-20A4H
Secondary IDE Channel Slave = Benq DW1655

They are all cable selected. ImgBurn is executing from the Primary master and the images are on the Primary Slave (Ultra DMA Mode 5). The Secondary IDE Channel is running Ultra DMA Mode 2.

[QUOTE=Icy Mt.;2143473]Primary IDE Channel Master = Seagate ST3120022A (120g)
Primary IDE Channel Slave = Seagate ST3320620A (320g)
Secondary IDE channel Master = Liteon DH-20A4H
Secondary IDE Channel Slave = Benq DW1655

They are all cable selected. ImgBurn is executing from the Primary master and the images are on the Primary Slave (Ultra DMA Mode 5). The Secondary IDE Channel is running Ultra DMA Mode 2.[/QUOTE]

Try doing master/slave manually, and trying the LiteOn without the BenQ connected. :slight_smile:

Albert,
Thanks, I’ll give that a shot.
rhester72,
Here’s the results anyway just for fun:

DAETest.txt (2.6 KB)

Nevermind, got it.

My Benq 1650 is dying, no longer can write disk so I bought this DH-20A4P to replace it but the disk quanlity scanning is very different, same disk…which should I trust? Also does the Liteon report PO failures?

Here is another disk burnt by LG drive, much closer, anyone has any idea? (Please also see post above)

Just to add, is it because the Benq writing part is dying affecting its quality scanning ability? tia

Which BenQ was used to write the discs, the 1650 or 1640?

[QUOTE=Albert;2145057]Which BenQ was used to write the discs, the 1650 or 1640?[/QUOTE]

The Benq 1640 can no longer write disk since last year (won’t past verify data phase, Nero, Imgburn etc) Kodak was written by a LG 22X and the TDK by Samsung 203S.

Sorry for the Benq 1650 part, it was meant to be 1640, a typing mistake, sorry for the confusion.

[QUOTE=WiltonParmenter;2137934]
2) The write speed for the latest Vertbatim MCC004 that’s made by Prodisc seems to always be reduced to 6x (on my drive anyway). even if 8x is selected.

1. OHT only seems to result in the best scans.

2. I don’t know why anyone purchases Sony media since they stopped having TY manufacture their discs.
    You rarely see an excellent scan, especially with the -R’s (which Lite-On drives have a tendency to dislike).
    [/QUOTE]

1. That’s because Prodisc is having major financial troubles, and the quality of their media production has gone straight to hell. Avoid Prodisc made Verbs at all costs.

2. I prefer SB=ON and OHT=ON, everything else off.

3. :disagree:

[QUOTE=Albert;2143477]Try doing master/slave manually, and trying the LiteOn without the BenQ connected. :)[/QUOTE]I tried:
Burn image from Primary Master
Disconnect Secondary Slave (BenQ)
Set Secondary Master by jumper with BenQ still disconnected.

All results the same. At about 12x or 13x, the device buffer begins to fluctuate between 20 to 100% and everywhere in between until it gives up and finishes out at 8x. :a