Lite-On DH-20A4P/H - Post your scans here

vbimport

[quote=larc919;2131694]TY T02 (Sony) burned at 8x
FB-EOS-EOHT6 All ON
Forced HT OFF

My stash of this media is nearly gone. Only 6 discs left. :sad:[/quote]

That’s a good burn larc…I am like you ol T02(SONY) Burned at 8x everything on except Forced HT=off EOHT6 All ON and I am just about down to my last few. Here’s one more:iagree:

Memorex 8x DVD+R
RITEK R03 (RiTEK Corp. Taiwan)
Written at 6x CLV with ImgBurn
OHT=enabled; HT enabled by the drive
EZ-DUB A4P, 9P59S EOS EOHT 6

This is the best RITEK R03 burn I’ve ever seen. :iagree: I’m not sure it would have looked this good without CK’s EOHT in place. [OHT/HT caused those two random PIE rises near the end, though].

The scanning statistics window is for the 16x scan.

[QUOTE=Albert;2133592]Memorex 8x DVD+R

This is the best RITEK R03 burn I’ve ever seen…:iagree:

The scanning statistics window is for the 16x scan.[/QUOTE]

Very nice for RITEK R03 indeed :iagree:

[quote=Albert;2133592]Memorex 8x DVD+R

This is the best RITEK R03 burn I’ve ever seen…:iagree:

The scanning statistics window is for the 16x scan.[/quote]
:iagree: whoa! sweet burn, dogbert:clap:.

[QUOTE=Womi;2133595]Very nice for RITEK R03 indeed :iagree:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2133596]:iagree: whoa! sweet burn, dogbert:clap:.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, guys. :slight_smile:

Sony 16x DVD+R
SONY D21 [Daxon]
Written at 12x P-CAV
EOHT=enabled
EZ-DUB A4P 9P59S EOS EOHT 6

A bad disc made moderately worse by the EOHT of the LiteOn…but all the drives began failing before they reached the point of the PIE/PIF spike that’s halfway through the mountain, so it’s all on the disc.

Memorex 16x DVD+R
CMC MAG M01 (CMC Magnetics Corp. Taiwan)
Written at 8x P-CAV
EOHT=enabled; all else=default
EZ-DUB A4P
9P59S EOS EOHT 6

Same old M01…:rolleyes:

Verbatim 16x DVD+R
MCC 004 (PRODISC Technology, Inc. for Verbatim)
Written at 6x CLV
EOHT=enabled; all else=default
EZ-DUB A4P
9P59S EOS EOHT 6

6x seems to be OK with this drive. :slight_smile:

TY T02 (Sony) burned at 8x
FB-EOS-EOHT6 All ON
Forced HT OFF

One last post

Hey guys,
How do i increase the write quality? It seems to be screwing up at the end, the past few writes.
9p59, SB=On, all others off. Been writing the disks at 8x
Thanx

Is it genuine Verbatim media?

No idea Albert,
I got a bunch of DVDs with Verbatim on it. Is it fake?

If from a reputable source, the discs should not be fake.

Did you notice any dust or scratches, etc on the disc before/after writing?

Maybe enable Online Hyper Tuning [OHT]. :slight_smile:

recently got dh-20a4p…when usedwith dvdfab5089 it does not listen to verify command…any help?

Just wanted to contribute some general comments after reviewing the last few posted scans:

1. Regardless of the drive options selected, you have to work pretty hard to get a bad burn with TY media.

2. The write speed for the latest Vertbatim MCC004 that’s made by Prodisc seems to always be reduced to 6x (on my drive anyway). even if 8x is selected.

3. OHT only seems to result in the best scans.

4. I don’t know why anyone purchases Sony media since they stopped having TY manufacture their discs.
    You rarely see an excellent scan, especially with the -R’s (which Lite-On drives have a tendency to dislike).

5. (This is more a question than a comment). How many of you have tried all the variations of the firmware. I’ve flashed several now, and I can’t seem to recall exactly which one I’m currently using! I think it’s the patched-fbl-eoht.

Has there been any consensus as to which one is the best to use?
There’s eight variations of the firmware.

[QUOTE=WiltonParmenter;2137934]4) I don’t know why anyone purchases Sony media since they stopped having TY manufacture their discs.
You rarely see an excellent scan, especially with the -R’s (which Lite-On drives have a tendency to dislike).[/QUOTE]Because I’ve gotten gorgeous scans with Sony media, and it’s still a pretty good disc to use when you don’t want to use Taiyo Yuden or Verbatims…plus, I just generally like its performance with playback in my devices. :slight_smile:

1. (This is more a question than a comment). How many of you have tried all the variations of the firmware. I’ve flashed several now, and I can’t seem to recall exactly which one I’m currently using! I think it’s the patched-fbl-eoht.

Has there been any consensus as to which one is the best to use?
There’s eight variations of the firmware.
Well, unless you plan on doing 2x, 4x, 8x media at 16x [like I occasionally try to do], or 16x media at 20x when only officially supported at 16x [like I do], then EOS is pointless.

Taking that out of the equation, you have EOHT, and normal/FB/FBL RPM’d firmware…which is probably all you are concerned about. :slight_smile:

EOHT can really help with cruddy discs, or burns where the drive normally messed up the end of the burn because it didn’t check the quality often enough with normal OHT. On top of that, when used at reasonable speeds, it results in burns where many of the disc’s attributes are better kept in check [slightly lower PIE, a few fewer PIF, a bit lower jitter].

Now for FB/FBL/normal RPM: this is probably more of a drive-by-drive thing…I tried them all, and I had great results with FBL at times, then other times with FB, and still other times with the normal RPM. It depended a lot on the batch of discs I was using; some of my Verbatim discs liked FBL, some liked the normal RPM, and the best batch of 16x worked best with FB [somehow]. I just use the normal RPM now, though, because my drive couldn’t always make a smooth switch from the CAV portion to the CLV portion with FB or FBL RPMs.

My current choice is EOS + EOHT, with OHT enabled, SB as default, and the others disabled. It works for me. :slight_smile:

[quote=Albert;2137793]If from a reputable source, the discs should not be fake.

Did you notice any dust or scratches, etc on the disc before/after writing?

Maybe enable Online Hyper Tuning [OHT]. :)[/quote]

My disks were clean. Checked them before i wrote them. Will try with OHT enabled. Thanks Albert :slight_smile:

I was wondering if there is a firmware that is capable of enabling Lightscribe in a non LS drive. Is Lightscribe just a firmware function or are the drives truly hardware enabled? Lite-on DH20A4P.

[QUOTE=bluheadted;2138366]I was wondering if there is a firmware that is capable of enabling Lightscribe in a non LS drive. Is Lightscribe just a firmware function or are the drives truly hardware enabled? Lite-on DH20A4P.[/QUOTE]

It requires hardware not found in non-LS drives, so it’s not possible.

[quote=WiltonParmenter;2137934]Just wanted to contribute some general comments after reviewing the last few posted scans:

1. Regardless of the drive options selected, you have to work pretty hard to get a bad burn with TY media.

Â

As a general rule I customarily don’t reply to these types of posts, but I thought I would clarify…or maybe educateÂ
I have a stack, almost a cake box of TO2’s that weren’t what I would consider good burn’s. In fact it got so bad I was only using my DH-20A4P as a scanner and not burner until Code released his #6 Firmware. Made a big difference…if you would like to see some TO2’s that I burned during that time I would be happy to post one for you.
D