Lite-On DH-20A4P DVD Burner - $25.99 at NewEgg w/ free shipping

vbimport

This is really a nice drive for $25.99 (with free shipping):

Model: Lite-On DH-20A4P-04

LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - OEM

Yo-

Just installed my 20A4P last night = sweet burner at a great price-eh!! :iagree: :iagree:

Good price on it but darn, if it was only a SATA drive instead of IDE I’d buy
one but I just don’t have a need for any more IDE drives at the moment. :frowning:

[QUOTE=Bill R;1994208]This is really a nice drive for $25.99 (with free shipping):

Model: Lite-On DH-20A4P-04

LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - OEM

:wink: and if you really feel frisky you can add this to your basket:

and crossflash it to a Lite-on DH-20A3P. Two Lite-on’s shipped for $50.

I really don’t NEED another burner but this price is very nice.

Combo Price: $368.98 :disagree:

[quote=OneSickPup;1994472] and if you really feel frisky you can add this to your basket::wink:

and crossflash it to a Lite-on DH-20A3P. Two Lite-on’s shipped for $50.[/quote]

Don’t have any experience with that model Lite-On but I just built 2 new Dual Core Intel PCs for a business and put 4 of those Optiarcs in them. Figured, Sony was decent, NEC was decent, these should be OK. This was a business machine with light duty.

Well, they were whonky. They wouldn’t even read and load the Nero Essentials disk that came with them. Just froze up the PC. When they read they were fine. When they didn’t, and that was about 25% of the time, they were unbelievably awful. The shop had trouble believing it as they had good success with the Optiarcs but that was the 7170 model.

Swapped them out for Lite-Ons and the problem went away. I’d say BEWARE the 7190. If it was only 1 I’d just think it was a lemon but this was 4 of them, all funky. There’s a whole long thread in the NEC forum about some of them having reading problems. Maybe this is that problem rearing it’s ugly head again.

firstmerk

[QUOTE=OneSickPup;1994472]:wink: and if you really feel frisky you can add this to your basket:

and crossflash it to a Lite-on DH-20A3P. Two Lite-on’s shipped for $50.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tip, got my 7190A today for 24 bucks shipped, crossed flashed to 20A3P and my 1st burn was great!!!
By the way this drive can be directly cross-flashed using the test firmware from Liteon employee Wind. A great deal on a very good burner.