Lite-On DH-20A4P-04 is now $21.99 free shipping

vbimport

Newegg has LITE-ON Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache IDE 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - OEM
$21.99 and Free Shipping;

Dang near givin’ them away. I still use mine for DL’s.

Yo fairplay-

Excellent drive for great price-

This drive is perfect as the reader/ripper and quality tester in a two drive burning system (the other drive recommended for burning/writing of both DVD and CD-R’s is the Pioneer 115D)

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2092433]Yo fairplay-

Excellent drive for great price-

This drive is perfect as the reader/ripper and quality tester in a two drive burning system (the other drive recommended for burning/writing of both DVD and CD-R’s is the Pioneer 115D)[/QUOTE]

I have 3 of them already, they are very good burner as well. I usually use the Samsung 203b SATA burner as reader and the Lite-On as burner and Pioneer 111l as DL burner.

[QUOTE=fairplay;2092440]I have 3 of them already, they are very good burner as well. I usually use the Samsung 203b SATA burner as reader and the Lite-On as burner and Pioneer 111l as DL burner.[/QUOTE]

Yo fairplay-

In my own personal tests on both of my computers - the Pioneer 115d consistantly wrote my favorite media (CD-R = Taiyo Yuden - DVD = Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim) with notable fewer errors and jitter-eh!!

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2092448]Yo fairplay-

In my own personal tests on both of my computers - the Pioneer 115d consistantly wrote my favorite media (CD-R = Taiyo Yuden - DVD = Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim) with notable fewer errors and jitter-eh!![/QUOTE]

it is just the bit set of DVD+R with Pioneer 115D makes me hasitent to buy one.

Great buy jump on it. :iagree:

[QUOTE=fairplay;2092462]it is just the bit set of DVD+R with Pioneer 115D makes me hasitent to buy one.[/QUOTE]Mike can/will help you with that i believe :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Bob;2092467]Mike can/will help you with that i believe :)[/QUOTE]

I think you are talking about changing the drive to 115L and using MCSE to auto bitset the firmware, right?

[QUOTE=fairplay;2092462]it is just the bit set of DVD+R with Pioneer 115D makes me hasitent to buy one.[/QUOTE]

I do all my DVD writing with DVDfab Gold and the program sets the write to DVD-rom for all +R media.

If I copy a DVD - then the rom setting is a mute point-eh

[QUOTE=fairplay;2092480]I think you are talking about changing the drive to 115L and using MCSE to auto bitset the firmware, right?[/QUOTE]yep but you can still leave it as a “D” if you don’t need RAM reading and writing.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2092482][B]I do all my DVD writing with DVDfab Gold and the program sets the write to DVD-rom for all +R media.
[/B]
If I copy a DVD - then the rom setting is a mute point-eh[/QUOTE]No Mike not with a Pioneer…

I would never trust this burner again

3 20A1P and 1 20A4P are dead because of booktybing DVD+R to DVD-ROM :a

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2092504-post30.html

[QUOTE=minaelromany;2092510]I would never trust this burner again

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2092504-post30.html[/QUOTE]huh i have a 20A1P and a 20A4P set to bitset +R’s and no problems here at all with either of them. I’d buy another one of each but i don’t have the money.

[QUOTE=fairplay;2092462]it is just the bit set of DVD+R with Pioneer 115D makes me hasitent to buy one.[/QUOTE]

I can understand being hesitant in buying a Pioneer 115D but you can always use Media Code Speed Edit to enable bitsetting dvd+r to dvd-rom. The crossflash thing with using DVR Flash was a bit confusing to me so I just used Media Code Speed Edit for the bitsetting. :wink:

[QUOTE=minaelromany;2092510]I would never trust this burner again

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2092504-post30.html[/QUOTE]
I have done that on 5 of 20A4 already (3 of mine and two of my cousin’s) with no problems.

[QUOTE=DVD_ADDICT;2092532]I can understand being hesitant in buying a Pioneer 115D but you can always use Media Code Speed Edit to enable bitsetting dvd+r to dvd-rom. The crossflash thing with using DVR Flash was a bit confusing to me so I just used Media Code Speed Edit for the bitsetting. ;)[/QUOTE]

The other problem is the price of the Pioneer so far has been twice as the Lite-On when you include tax and shipping. The question is the pioneer really that much better than the lite-On’s?

[QUOTE=fairplay;2092553]The other problem is the price of the Pioneer so far has been twice as the Lite-On when you include tax and shipping. The question is the pioneer really that much better than the lite-On’s?[/QUOTE]

I would never backup any of my dvd movie collection or important data by using my Liteon drive. I strictly use the Liteon drive for ripping discs.
Look at my signature and you’ll see I own only 1 Liteon drive. :wink:

The Pioneer dvd burners are much better drive than any Liteon. That’s just my opinion. None of the dvd discs that were burned with any of my Pioneer drives have failed to playback or have read errors. :slight_smile:

I second that DVD ADDICT

[QUOTE=DVD_ADDICT;2092570]I would never backup any of my dvd movie collection or important data by using my Liteon drive…Look at my signature and you’ll see I own only 1 Liteon drive.[/QUOTE]

That about says it all, doesn’t it? :rolleyes:

You obviously don’t have enough experience with the latest models of Lite-On drives to be able to properly judge them overall. In the past, Lite-On was never known as an excellent burner, and most of it’s reputation was made as a good scanner, reader, and ripper. However, since the introduction of the 20A1, 20A3, and 20A4 series drives, Lite-On has stepped up it’s game and has come to be known as a worthy burner as well. The days of Lite-On being a good reader but a so-so burner are gone.