LIte-On DH-20A4h

vbimport

I am having a problem with my Lite-on DH-20A4H not recognizing blank dual layer media. I have tried both Verbatim and Memorex Dual Layer media.

When I emailed Lite-on about the issue they simply said make sure you are using brand name media.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You’ve tried Verbatim, which is the safest bet for DL media, so I’d imagine it’s not the discs…do you by any chance have Acohol, or Daemon Tools installed on your system?

I don’t currently but I could, if you let me know what to do.

I believe she meant that those two programs have been known to cause problems, and might have been responsible for your current trouble.

What programs are you using to try to burn the disks? I would suggest ImgBurn for dual layer burns personally. www.imgburn.com
See if the disks show up in it. Imgburn is free to use, and there are guides to using it in the Imgburn forums.

Are you having any other problems with the drive?

And by the way, if you can still get your money back on those Memorex disks, I’d certainly look into that.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2018772]I believe she meant that those two programs have been known to cause problems, and might have been responsible for your current trouble.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, yep. And I’d stick with the Verbatim DL’s once you get the problem fixed. :wink:

Edit: You say it doesn’t recognise the discs, what exactly happens when you put in a disc and click burn?

When I put the disk in, the drive shows it as a cd. however if I put in a non dual layer dvd the drives shows as a dvd. I usually use Roxio as my burning software, it also showed as cd.

Just for grins and giggles, download ImgBurn, put a dual layer disk in the drive and start the program.

On the right side of the upper window, Imgburn will show the disk information…if you have put in a Verbatim DL disk, it will tell you the disk id code, which will either be MKM001 or MKM003 depending on which speed you bought. There will be a lot of other information about the disk also.

If it can identify the disk correctly, it should burn to it correctly as well.

Have you actually tried a burn with Roxio?