Lite-On DH-20A4: Can't read discs in stand-alone DVD player

vbimport

I recently purchased a Lite-On DH-20A4 drive and, though it seems to work fine, burning to a DVD+RW (one that I’ve used successfully with my old LG unit) results in a disc that I can read/play in my PC, but NOT in the DVD console in the living room.

I’ve upgraded the firmware to QP5A, am using NERO 7 to burn the disc under XP PRO and I’ve tried 2 DVD+RW discs (Vakoss and Verbatim) both of which worked fine when I was using the LG drive.

There are no errors while burning and, as mentioned, the PC reads the data just fine. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,

-ZS

Rewritable discs are notorious for being difficult to play back in set-top players.

Slowing down the record speed to the slowest setting (e.g. 2.4x) will probably give you the best chance of having it play back.

superhero

I have a DVD player that will play no LiteOn LVW-5005 recorder recordings regardless of media used except +R/RW with book type set to DVD-ROM. Maybe this is true for other LiteOn burner recordings for your player. Try setting book type to DVD-ROM using the Book Type Utility to see if that helps.

[QUOTE=bevills1;2087275]I have a DVD player that will play no LiteOn LVW-5005 recorder recordings regardless of media used except +R/RW with book type set to DVD-ROM. Maybe this is true for other LiteOn burner recordings for your player. Try setting book type to DVD-ROM using the Book Type Utility to see if that helps.[/QUOTE]

I was going to say the same thing as well booktyping +R or +R RW media to -ROM would be the way to go for compatibilty on standalone players.

Been a busy couple of weeks, so I’m just getting back to this issue now. Thanks for the attempts so far, but I’m still having the same trouble.

I know the problem is not the media, because these are the same (+RW) discs that I’ve used in the past in this DVD player.

The book type was already set to DVD-ROM as confirmed by the Lite-On BookType135 application. I’ve tried 4x and 2x burning. I’ve tried with and without Nero’s “DVD high compatibility mode”.

If these were discs I’d had trouble with in the past I could understand this, but I’ve used them several times (maybe 15 times for the Verbatim and as many as 50 for the Vakoss) and was able to play them both in my console DVD player with no troubles when burned using my LG burner.

The discs are a Verbatim DVD+RW (reorder# 94834) and a Vakoss DVD+RW, both 4x.

Anyway - I hope someone can offer a solution, otherwise this drive is going back to the store and my admittedly short affair with Lite-On will end on a very sour note.

Thanks.