Lite-on DH-20A3P retail $27.99 at the egg

if anyone is interested in this drive. retail version, free shipping as of 11.nov.2007 09:37 est.

great price :wink:

even though im tempted ill hold off since technically i dont really “need” it as my current lite-on 1673S works perfect for all media i burned so far :wink:

but damn… 27.99 out the door sure is tempting :wink:

I got the DH-20A4P for $26.99 with free 3 day shipping last Wednesday for the Egg.

wow!!!, retail version burner at this price?? I guess DVD drives will remain in retail store for another 2 more years before HD-DVD or bluray take over

I am currently desktopless, but tempting to buy anything at the moment. My bad hobby of spending on items that I dont even use

Which one is better this or LH-20A1P-186 for $2 more?

The 20A3 is newer. There is a thread in the Liteon forum, with quite a bit of information. I own both, and I like the 20A3P a little better, but YMMV…

[QUOTE=HenryNettles;1930235]The 20A3 is newer. There is a thread in the Liteon forum, with quite a bit of information. I own both, and I like the 20A3P a little better, but YMMV…[/QUOTE]

Thanks, my BenQ 1655 is giving out, looking for a PATA replacement.

guys:
check out the lite-on thread. i could be wrong, butt i think these burners are questionable dual layer burners.

They also don’t do jitter scanning.

Great price, I might pick one up for ripping only:iagree:

[QUOTE=RWP;1930793]They also don’t do jitter scanning.[/QUOTE]

They will very shortly…:iagree:

Hmmmm, inside info have you? Let us in on it LOL.:iagree:

It’s not insider information. Wind has stated that the algorithms needed to enable jitter scanning in CD-DVD Speed have been given to Erik already.

Thanks KTL, I don’t get to read all the threads, very nice, I am eagerly awaiting this.:iagree:

As per the scans thread, it looks like an excellent drive.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/lite-dh-20a3p-post-your-scans-here-222747/?highlight=dh-20a3p

Newegg buyers generally give it great reviews, although one said he received a previously opened package

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16827106079

I see they’re selling a DH-20A4P, too. Regarding those who’ve already received their 20A3P - was it a completely sealed, new package, and is it like other Lite-On drives in that they have trouble reading and writing CD-r’s?