Lite-On CD-RW DVD-Rom LSC-24081MX

Hi all - I am having problems with our Lite-On CD-RW DVD-Rom LSC-24081MX. I have tried to install this external drive on five different computers (3 PCs, 2 laptops) all with different operating systems. I have also tried four different USB cords. We have also tried working with Lite-On to fix our problem, but they just send us a new drive. This is the third drive and it still is not working. I cannot get any of them systems to recognize it (Windows 98, 2000 or XP). I feel like I am pretty knowledgeable with computers and components and have never had a problem such as this. It seems as if the USB cord is not staying in and even when I do hold the cord in and the green light stays lit, I still cannot get any of the system to recognize it. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with a Lite-On drive or with Lite-On. They are not being very cooperative and since it is the third drive, I am wondering what I am doing wrong. I have downloaded a new driver from their site also. I am sure I am forgetting to tell you something, so let me know if you need more info. Thanks!

Hi - Me again - So sorry to bother you but we decided to call Dell (where we bought it from) and they are going to take it back. Woo-Hoo. Thanks again and happy 'puting!!