Lite-ON CD-RW Burner and & Sony CD-RW Media

Hi,

I bought a Lite-On LTR-52327S in december. Everything was going allright. I’ve been using my burner as a CD reader and I’ve burn something like 20-30 CD.

Since 2 or 3 day I’m burning CD-RW (Sony 700 MB 1x - 4x compatible, seems that the reference is CDRW700, the come by ten, in solid plastic case, the box is red-orange)

When I use them with Nero 6.3.0.3 (I did not yet try w/ an other soft) 2/3 of the burnt CD are still blanck after the burning.

When I click on the box “DONE” after the burning is over, Nero seems to crash but everything turns OK after 10 sec.

I’ve been using other CD-R (very old Sony) and everything is OK, the CD are burnt.

Anyone experience compatibilty problem with Lite-On CD-RW writer and and some type of media ???

Thanks for your informations.

I have a LiteOn 48125S, and I burn almost exclusively on Sony media, including CD-RW, without any problems.
Maybe you could try a firmware update?

Originally posted by kleanx
[B]Since 2 or 3 day I’m burning CD-RW (Sony 700 MB 1x - 4x compatible, seems that the reference is CDRW700, the come by ten, in solid plastic case, the box is red-orange)

I’ve been using other CD-R (very old Sony) and everything is OK, the CD are burnt.

Anyone experience compatibilty problem with Lite-On CD-RW writer and and some type of media ???

Thanks for your informations. [/B]

Perhaps try writing the media at a lower speed. Sony often rebadge other brand media, so some excutive at sony has probably insisted that they rebadge some dodgy crap in order to increase profit margins.

Are they a dark coloured dye? or are they a clear dye? :expressionless:

For the dark dyes (cyanine) I generally stick with the mitsubishi branded also verbatim datalife plus (mitsubishi rebranded).

Generally for the lighter dye (phalocynanine) Taiyo Yuden media is recommended. You can ask around for TY rebrands in you area.

They’re CD-RW not CD-R.:stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by Chriso
They’re CD-RW not CD-R.:stuck_out_tongue:

Oops! must be tired.

Since they are CDRW, i don’t suppose you are writing them multisession, and forgetting to close the sesion or disc? :expressionless: