Lite-On burners as readers

vbimport

Hello, I am curious about these burners as readers as well, as that is what I am considering buying, and I dont have a good reader for the sd2 protection, will these work to read this protection, and if not, what is a good reader, seeing as I cant find a source for good clonecd readers online. If there is a page for readers that work well online, can someone please direct me to it?

Leviathan

p.s. this is a curiosity factor for the new sd2, not necessarily the older versions of it. Right now I have a plextor 16/10/40, and an LG dvd rom 16x.

The Lite-On writers are also good readers. Check out www.cdfreaks.com for some reviews (see the Articles on the left). They have problems reading the latest Audio protection and the only models that seem to work well with Audio are the Plextors. But as you will know they have problems with SafeDisc 2(.51). There are also some other writers worth considering. Read the sticky threads on this forum and check out www.elby.ch and the supported writers.

p.s. this is a curiosity factor for the new sd2, not necessarily the older versions of it. Right now I have a plextor 16/10/40, and an LG dvd rom 16x.
The Plextor 16x isn’t going to cut the latest SafeDisc 2 versions. You might get some good results with CloneCD’s ‘Amplify Weak Sectors’ option enabled but it probably won’t be perfect (it won’t work in picky readers like the Toshiba SD-M1502). Other, not so picky readers like the Plextor itself might be able to read it.