Lite On Burner

vbimport

Can anyone please give me some advise on Lite On Burners.

From what I can gather the Lite On LTR-24102B
is the !BUDGET! Burner of the moment
But
Does the Lite On LTR-32123S do everything the
LTR-24102b do? (is it exceptionally good with Clone Cd).

I choose Lite On not for the price but for the fact that I have had BAD experiences dealing with Plextor Service in Australia, (owing to there 12/10/32a Firmware issue),
Its not good business practice to change your products
Firmware that in fact reduces the capabilities of what the cdrw will do.

I am the unfortunate Owner of a Plextor 12/10/32a Firmware 1.08
and in my opinion its not worth half the money it cost me.

When I approached Plextor Service in Australia on my issue of upgrading my cdrw at my expense to a newer model that will in fact copy sd2 cd's as i thought my 12/10/32a would (not knowing about there Firmware issues)

there answer below was to say the least Perplexing:

Thank you for your e-mail Mr *****

After consulting with Plextor I was advised that Plextor do not support Safedisk2 copying. Might I add that Plextor is not the only manufacturer that doesn't. The drives are built for reliable and precise usage.
Whilst the Plextor drive doesn't support the abovementioned procedure, you have purchased one of the best drives on the market that you can use for copying unprotected Media and games.

And as far as Plextor Upgrading 1 of there drives at my expense here was there answer:

In regards to exchanging your drive, I'm afraid we can not help you there either as the drive has been discontinued since July.

I wish we could offer you more but in this instance we're unable.

Best Regards

Marketing Manager

I feel they were unwilling to help one of there loyal
customers.
I also feel there explaination is not good enough considering the Plextor 12/10/32a is still listed on there products page & I have still seen it in shops for sale.

So this is 1 customer they have lost for good

Once bitten twice shy, and to add to there customer support issue I have with them since I gave them my honest opinion about there policy (it was kept civil),
they have not replied to any of my e-mails.

So from this point on I will post this message everywhere & let there future customers make up ther own minds.
:eek: :Z :Z :Z

1: there was no firmware issues with PX-W1210A, none of them could defeat all sd2 games succesfully…and it was the same with ALL firmware versions. So that is just BS.

2: Yup LTR-32123S supports everything. Read the test over at www.cdrinfo.com

Just copied and pasted from cloneclinic where I also answered the same question…why posting it on every forum you find?

Wait a minute…your plextor 12X do support SD2 when Amplify weak sector is enabled in clonecd!!!

Firmware version 1.4 was known to work on some safedisk2 games:
www.geocities.com/pcp-fre...Disc2.html

PX-W1210A TLA#0000 * Atapi Only readable in recorder
PX-W1210A TLA#0101 * Atapi Only readable in recorder
PX-W1210A TLA#0201 * Atapi FirmWare 1.4 is reported to work in some cases! **
PX-W1210A TLA#0202 * Atapi FirmWare 1.4 is reported to work in some cases! **
PX-W1210A TLA#0204 * Atapi Only readable in recorder. ‘Max Payne’ failed!
PX-W1210A TLA#0301 * Atapi Only readable in recorder
PX-W1210A TLA#0303 * Atapi Only readable in recorder
PX-W1210A TLA#0305 * Atapi Only readable in recorder
PX-W1210A TLA#0307 * Atapi Only readable in recorder

And why do Plextor Service Australia tell me that Plextor does not support sd2 writing when thats obviously not true with there new cdrw’s?

ALL is based on rumours, some being able to backup some “weak” sd2 games and getting them to work in some drives.

But I’ve NEVER heared that somebody have succesfully backed up “strong” SD2, like Max payne and getting it to work in ALL drives(might work in the recorder itself and in pioneer dvd drives and so though).

But now you could enable amplify weak sector in clonecd and sd2 will work.

But without Amplify weak sector=strong sd 2 is a no go, with whatever firmware version availible as of yet.

I’ve tested Firmware 1.01 up to 1.09 on these drives: TLA: 0000, 0101, 0202, 0204, 0307. NONE of them made backups og strong SD2 versions that worked in ALL drives!

In my opinion, all is BS…

I see i’m not the only one who Just copied and pasted from cloneclinic where I also replied to the same question :stuck_out_tongue:

Either way Plextor customer support in my opinion is

BS

Nor in my opinion is the Plextor worth the money.

Lite On in Australia is less than half the price of Plex(can’t do)tor.

is there anyone out there who knows a reasonable company
from where I can purchase a Lite On CDRW LTR-32123S
& DVD LTD-165 in Australia?

I wash my hands of my Plextor RUBBISH

email me Ill tell you

current owner of 24 speed burner and 16 speed dvd drive Liteon :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink:

n97077@hotmail.com

http://www.cws.net.au/
this is the best place I have found.
I bought my 24101b and had it the next day.
And I live in NSW. They are in Victortia
Cheers
Megod;)

Thanks for the purchase info:cool: :smiley:

They are actually distributed in Australia by Synnex Australia so find a shop that gets their products from there and they shouldnt have any trouble getting one!! A good place to look also is Computers and Parts land at www.cpl.net.au in Victoria which seem pretty cheap and are open 7 days a week!! I dont think the LTN165 has been released yet as I have access to the Synnex website and they arent listed their yet. I have a LTR24102B Burner, LTD163 Dvd and an LTN526S CDROM and they all rock!!

Thanks for the info
Mr Samuel

Originally posted by Dont Know
[B]Can anyone please give me some advise on Lite On Burners.

From what I can gather the Lite On LTR-24102B
is the !BUDGET! Burner of the moment
But
Does the Lite On LTR-32123S do everything the
LTR-24102b do? (is it exceptionally good with Clone Cd).

I choose Lite On not for the price but for the fact that I have had BAD experiences dealing with Plextor Service in Australia, (owing to there 12/10/32a Firmware issue),
Its not good business practice to change your products
Firmware that in fact reduces the capabilities of what the cdrw will do.

I am the unfortunate Owner of a Plextor 12/10/32a Firmware 1.08
and in my opinion its not worth half the money it cost me.

When I approached Plextor Service in Australia on my issue of upgrading my cdrw at my expense to a newer model that will in fact copy sd2 cd’s as i thought my 12/10/32a would (not knowing about there Firmware issues)

there answer below was to say the least Perplexing:

Thank you for your e-mail Mr *****

After consulting with Plextor I was advised that Plextor do not support Safedisk2 copying. Might I add that Plextor is not the only manufacturer that doesn’t. The drives are built for reliable and precise usage.
Whilst the Plextor drive doesn’t support the abovementioned procedure, you have purchased one of the best drives on the market that you can use for copying unprotected Media and games.

And as far as Plextor Upgrading 1 of there drives at my expense here was there answer:

In regards to exchanging your drive, I’m afraid we can not help you there either as the drive has been discontinued since July.

I wish we could offer you more but in this instance we’re unable.

Best Regards

Marketing Manager

I feel they were unwilling to help one of there loyal
customers.
I also feel there explaination is not good enough considering the Plextor 12/10/32a is still listed on there products page & I have still seen it in shops for sale.

So this is 1 customer they have lost for good

Once bitten twice shy, and to add to there customer support issue I have with them since I gave them my honest opinion about there policy (it was kept civil),
they have not replied to any of my e-mails.

So from this point on I will post this message everywhere & let there future customers make up ther own minds.
:eek: :Z :Z :Z [/B]

The New Lit-On 32x12x40 is the way to go it will work with CloneCd (AWS) or without. Have Fun