LITE-ON Black 18X DVD @ newegg!

LITE-ON Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW

12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM IDE Burner - OEM

$30.99 shipping $5.64

Yo-

Everyone is going 18x - guess that is the last DVD frontier-eh!

I am going to wait for the new BenQ 1810, it shows a Solidburn logo on the picture I saw so it just might be the Philipps Chipset, but as you all know pictures do not always tell the correct story. I am looking forward to this one. And if I am not mistaken Liteon is supposed to be coming out with a 20X drive pretty soon.:confused:

The LG H22N is good.

Yeah I am most likely going to sell my 18x Lite-on and get the new BenQ and or the 20x Lighty.

I can’t recommend the 18x from what I have experience so far.

Yes! The LG H22N is good.

Yo MD-

Didn’t you have problems with your Sammy S182M too -eh?

No my 182D may she RIP :frowning:

Just started churning out coasters and then XP wouldn’t even recognize the drive :frowning:

It’s not the money that makes me cry it’s that it was a great burner and a great scanner.

I just RMA’ed it to newegg for a replacement.

what? i thought Benq was out of comission. thats great news. i’m in for one.

Is the 18X Lite-ON beyond reasonable hope? Could a firmware update or two make it respectable? It just went down in price by $1 to $29.99 with free shipping at NewEgg. Couldn’t resist the price so I ordered one despite seeing mixed comments about it.

Because I really like the Samsung 18X writers and the Lite-ON has the same chipset, I was hoping it would be a great burner and also maybe have some BenQ influence in its design.

Is that listed on their web site anywhere? On Lite-On’s site that is?

Lite-ON 18X European Link

Cool - thanks.

I’m surprised that Newegg has it for sale in the US given it started out as a European release and has not yet hit the Lite-On US site.

It looks basically like a 160 series at 18x. Is that about right? All the same SMART tech, and Anti Vibration and Power optimization stuff.

Newegg has its own supply. You are right, 18A1P hasn’t arrived to the distributors yet.

By the way, it’s down to $29.99 [with free 3-day shipping to 48 states] at Newegg, until tomorrow, October 31st:

LITE-ON 18X DVD±R Burner Black IDE Model LH-18A1P-185 - OEM

just wait for a day or two, you will get the free shipping, dont jump on the wagon so fast since we dont know how good this drive is. The samsung sells for the same price and it has good reputation so far, if you need a drive immediately, go for the samsung.