Lite-On announces the LDW-811S, 8x dual format DVD recorder

I just posted the article Lite-On announces the LDW-811S, 8x dual format DVD recorder.

cyco2 reports us that Lite-On IT has officially announced the LDW-811S DVD recorder. Many of our visitors have been waiting for this drive as this is the first 8x DVD+R DVD recorder from…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7048-Lite-On-announces-the-LDW-811S-8x-dual-format-DVD-recorder.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/7048-Lite-On-announces-the-LDW-811S-8x-dual-format-DVD-recorder.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Goodbye NEC ND-1100a

Yes!!! been waiting for this - hope its out in the UK soon… liteon ROXXXX

Hope it performs better than the 411s i just had to send back :(:(:frowning:

Look people, don’t buy any DVD writer that’s available now. It’s a waste of money. Most companies have the new 8GB+ format discs and drives slated for next Easter. Save your dough and buy one of them!

“Most companies have the new 8GB+ format discs and drives slated for next Easter. Save your dough and buy one of them” …and next Easter we will hear of the new 8 gig drives that are twice as fast as the ones they are selling then. I have waited long enough. :slight_smile:

Amen to that :B

Finally! Though Im a bit dissappointed that the Lite-On doesnt follow the path of the Plextor, allowing you to record at 8x to certain 4x rated media… Finally competition is a arriving for 8x DVD burners which should drive down the prices…

I will stick with me Dual Format external Firwire Sony DVD writer(DRX-510UL), as it does everything I need it too, apart from writing @ x8. :slight_smile: Greetz Intercept…:g

8x isn’t that much faster than 4x…9 minutes vs 15 minutes? Those dual layer recorders would be more useful. Finally enough room for most movie DVDs.

Those dual layer recorders (8Gb+) are will NOT show at LEAST until late next year - I would be surprised to see them before next Christmes. :o This is a major technological breakthrough and would take time to get from the lab to the street. Never before did ANY company show dual layer recording - and it nobody has mass produced this technology. I expect to see 16X recording much earlier then dual layer recording… if you want to wait for something, wait for that… :wink: And, last, don’t forget that NO company has said anything about dual layer media - and this is yet another HUGE issue to overcome. The dual layer recordable media will be at least 4 times more expensive… :c At x8 it’s a good time to buy. It’s fast enough to be usable, cheap enough to be afforable… and it’s a reliable technology by now… :B So have fun, and get the drive of your choice… you can buy the dual layer drive in 2 years when it’s already afforable and stable…