Lite-on and the sims unleashed

please can you help me . i have a lite-on 241040b and i am trying to backup the sims unleashed . iam using DDump for the first time and it seems very slow to read the image , at this moment it has been reading for a hour and ten minutes and it has read 9214 sectors. the drive seems to spin up down all the time with the green read light flashing on and off.the setting i have used are STANDARD and speed on MAX
plese help.:confused:

If “it has read 9214 sectors” don’t abort. You’re nearly through the bad sector area which will end at ~ sector 10,500 and the reaminder of the cd will be read normally (i.e. it’ll take only another 2 to 3 min once normal reading resumes).

If you did abort the dump, don’t discard the log file. Just re-dump to the same folder where you’ve kept the log file and using the same name but without any extension. Discdump will then just skip over the sectors that were read previously and then continue from where you left off.

Originally posted by ninjageezer
please can you help me . i have a lite-on 241040b and i am trying to backup the sims unleashed . iam using DDump for the first time and it seems very slow to read the image , at this moment it has been reading for a hour and ten minutes and it has read 9214 sectors. the drive seems to spin up down all the time with the green read light flashing on and off.the setting i have used are STANDARD and speed on MAX
plese help.:confused:

You are the same bloke I spoke to before. The answer is the same. You need to change the DiscDump method to Safedisc mode. The read should be much faster under this option.

thats great thanks i have made 2 perfect backups .
usig the settings STANDARD and MAX.
many thanks for the help.

Philamber, Are you recommeding Disk Dump or Clone CD
to backup Sims Unleashed (SD 2.8). Also I have both
a LTR24102B and an ASUS 48X 4012A. Any recommendation on which one is better for this. Thanks

Originally posted by mschiff
Are you recommeding Disk Dump or Clone CD
to backup Sims Unleashed (SD 2.8). Also I have both
a LTR24102B and an ASUS 48X 4012A. Any recommendation on which one is better for this. Thanks

Definitely discdump. Although FutureProof has succeeded using clonecd and the 48x Asus (I think yours is the 40x), my understanding is that all attempts using clonecd and any of his numerous other writers (including the 40x Asus that you have) have failed.

As for whether your Litey or Asus is the better choice, so long as the Asus is recognised, it will be much faster to make the image than your Litey though either should work. Insofar as writing the image is concerned, it won’t make any difference which you use (both are 2 sheep burners and will get you a working back-up if the discdump image is burnt raw with suitable software).

I had no trouble making a back up copy of sims unleaed with a lite on 48x12x48 firmware vso8 using clony XXL and clone CD. didnt have a problem making a copy of unreal 2003 either.

I dont think there is anything unusual about my system

2.0a Ghz P4
intel 850EMV2
512 RDRAM
WD 80 GB Special edition HD
toshiba 16x DVD model 1612
Lite-on 48x12x48

Philamber, You mentioned that DiscDump can handle
Safedisk 2.8. I tried locating it on the web and couldnt find
it. Can you point me to it? Has CloneCD been able to handle
safedisk 2.8? Thanks

You can get discdump together with the standard frontend here or from the downloads page of Daemon Tools website. You can also use the internal version of disdump incorporated into burnatonce.

As for clonecd, FutureProof succeeded using ccd 4.0.1.10 with his 48x Asus but not with any of his other writers and I think it was CopyLord who succeeded with ccd 3.3.4.1 but otherwise there are few, if any successes. So, in general, you’d have to say no for ccd and sd2.8x.