Lite-ON and NEC can't co-exist in the same channel

I found that my Lite-ON LTR-52327S and NEC ND-2500A can’t co-exist in the same IDE channel, without causing problems. I set the NEC as master and the Lite-ON as slave. The Lite-ON drive will not open the tray if connected with the NEC.

I’m using a Gigabyte GA7NNXP, have my 52327S as master on IDE1, NEC2500A as slave on IDE1 and am not having any problems.

Are you using NVIDIA IDE drivers? Try using the very latest (3.13) or try going back to the MS IDE driver.

Have you jumpered the drives for master / slave or are you using csel?

Are you using the latest bios?

Originally posted by Jackass
[B]I’m using a Gigabyte GA7NNXP, have my 52327S as master on IDE1, NEC2500A as slave on IDE1 and am not having any problems.

Are you using NVIDIA IDE drivers? Try using the very latest (3.13) or try going back to the MS IDE driver.

Have you jumpered the drives for master / slave or are you using csel?

Are you using the latest bios? [/B]

Not I’m not using nVIDIA IDE drivers anymore, I removed them and I’m currently using MS IDE drivers, but with no luck for the problem.

Yes, the drives are jumpered as master and slave, not CS.

And I just checked Asus web site and my BIOS version is the latest one.

Can you perhaps try some other combinations on your IDE setup?
There may be something wrong with one device, channel or even the cable!

Another thing: you say that your devices don’t work correct. Does this apply to overall use, or only when in Windows?

The Lite-ON drive will not open the tray if connected with the NEC

Is that the only issue? Tried the 7S with any other burners on the same cable besides the NEC? What F/W is on the NEC?

The same drives have shared a cable here, on a Gigabyte Nforce-2 board.

The NEC drive works fine, but the 52237S doesn’t work at all (inside and outside Windows). The tray doesn’t open and when I press eject the led flashes, but nothing happens.
I will try changing the NEC to slave and the 52327S to master.
NEC is using firmware 1.06 (December 2003).

I changed the 52327S to Master and the NEC 2500A to slave and now I have no problems at all. It seems that the problem was caused by using the NEC as Master.