Lite-on and empire earth

hi you all :slight_smile:

i have make a copie of empire earth but he doesn’t work on my other compu?
on my compu he works fine and on the other he only instal.
when i try to start him up he gives a eror :mad:
that he can’t start and that i have to take concact whit the vendor.

i have a lite-on 24102b and windowsME and the latest ccd.

(sorry for the bad english :wink: )

I think thats normal for the copy too work only on your PC writer, u proberly need a good clone cd compatible reader like the Liteon 16x DVD rom.

Other then that have u tried a cd crack or patch?

May work…

i have a lite-on 24102b and he is fully suported by ccd.

but i can play on my compu in my burner and in my dvd , than it works.
but on the other compu he won’t.

whats your freinds cdrom drive?

See thats the thing im finding out Clone cd backup copies will work on alot of cdroms/dvdroms but there are still alot it dont play on ie- creative labs 52x rom.

I would think cd cracks/patches will be best for you, since there are ways too making a backup using those patches so it can work on any cdrom.

Other then that u could take your cdrom too your mates and set it up from there:)

we have both the same dvd from nec.

but i will put in another cd player and will look if that will help.

thanks for your reply’s.

no :frowning:

he will not work.
anyone :confused:

try these settings
Read
Speed 4X
FES (fast error skip) on
FES settings:
error correction software
read retries 3
all other off

To Write
Speed MAX
AWS off
don’t close last session on
buffer underun protection on
dont repair sub… off

:slight_smile: I had the same problem with my Liteon 24x10x40…EEarth works in other pc than mine…and in mine no…ok…it was simply the problem (i suppose)that i have 4cd-roms(2writers-1dvd-1reader)and EEarth when launched research immediately the disc in the Cd-rom with the 1st letter in alph.order …so i changed the order putting the copy in the D cd-rom and it played…hope it can help !

Originally posted by Mirenko
:slight_smile: I had the same problem with my Liteon 24x10x40…EEarth works in other pc than mine…and in mine no…ok…it was simply the problem (i suppose)that i have 4cd-roms(2writers-1dvd-1reader)and EEarth when launched research immediately the disc in the Cd-rom with the 1st letter in alph.order …so i changed the order putting the copy in the D cd-rom and it played…hope it can help !

thanks, but the problem is that i can play on my compu(with the lite-on) but not in the other :frowning:
in my compu with the lite-on i can play and it doesn’t mather where i put him in, in the lite-on or the dvd he works :confused:

Is this game not SecuROM new protected? Does the second PC have Clone loaded with “Hide CD-R Media” enabled (if played from the burner)? If it’s just dummy files, oversized (i.e. seemingly >1G) or a really gammy TOC then the Lite-On should still eat it.

I don’t understand this! Lite-On copies work everywhere and I mean everywhere. The ATIP reading is the only idea I have;

more detail of ‘won’t work’ would be good too (on the 2nd PC) e.g. *.tmp errors, BSOD, spinning disc, does nothing etc

cooee

Originally posted by Mirenko

Which are the tecnical spec. of 2nd Compu??Are u sure is not a vcard problem??I have an old K6/2 350 with Matrox Mistique and there it won’t work even if the copy is 100%ok, i thougt it was because of the v.card…cause it didn’t work with original disc too!!!

the one with the lito-on :asus a7v board ,amd tb 1200,256mb pc133 cas2,soundblaster live,geforce2,lite-on 24102b,dvd nec, and he works on this one.winME

te other that don’t work:msi k7t266,amd tb 1400,256mb ddr,sounblaster 128,geforce1,dvd nec(and try another cd-rom drive.win98se

i think he must work, but he don’t.
all ather games i can play on the the second compu, i mean a back up of c&c ra2 i can play with it :confused:

but i wil try it on another compu of a friend of my, and will see if he works on that one.