[Lite-On 832S] only burns on RICOHJPNR02 discs :-(

I own a LiteOn SOHW-832S DVD-burner and only burning DVD+R’s with mediacode RICOHJPNR02 can be read flawlessly on my PC (in Nero dvd&cd speed-test the line is straight upwards toward the end of the scale)

all discs with other mediacodes that I tried burn fine but have alot of reading trouble at the end of the discs (in Nero dvd&cd speed the line is straight up until around the 3.5G point or so, thereafter it jumps down and up very badly and sometimes even gives complete read failures)

I burnt one of these trouble discs at a friends BenQ writer and that one reads fine in Nero dvd&cd speed with my liten-on burner !

I tried alot allready like changing firmware versions (also tried the latest) but that doesn’t help and burning these discs on 2.4x speed doesn’t help either. Normally I burn at 8x with 8x discs ofcourse :slight_smile:

I am left clueless now and wonder if someone can help me with this problem ? Its very hard to find the RICOHJPNR02 discs cause the brandnames change from mediacode (manufacturer) very often :frowning:

It depends on the media and how good they were burnt, I suspect the troubleing discs are of low quality…

well I tried several and not the cheapest brands and they burn fine with a friends BenQ player, so its really something awkward with my LiteOn 832S

Have you tried scanning one of those bad disk you burned with your 823S on your friends BenQ with Nero dvd&cd speed? I have the same burner and it’s a great burner and will burn any rubbish I can put into it and close the tray, but it’s not a very good scanner and makes the burns look like a bad burn scanned with Nero dvd&cd speed! But if I scan the same disks burnt with it on another burner they are A1 flawless.

well I haven’t really (that friend lives in another city) but its not only nero cd-dvd-speed that shows readability problems, its also when I copy the files from it to my harddisk (it slows down considerably when the disc is reading from the outer edge area of discs). I use the SOHW-832s for all my writing/reading/playing dvd’s (all purpose). Also these discs show digital pixel blocks (disturbance) on a stand-alone dvd-player whilst only the RICOHJPNR02 media plays fine in either the 832s and the standalone player.