Lite-on 811s 8x dvd+rw problem

vbimport

Hi there
I’m using hs0p from official liteon.
I bought some ritek data. 4x dvd+rw
I’m using nero 6.3.0.3.
since nero supports it I started burning at 8x.
now when its writing the light of the dvd=rw goes from red to yellow, yellow to red and recorder’s buffer keeps going up and down, used read buffer is at 98-100%.
I’ve 512mb ram p4 2.0 never had this issue at 2x.

and frigging nero shows total time as 7min(and remaining time as 0:00:00min) but the percentage bar is at 40% and it takes another 7-8min to reach 100%. (by that time total time reaches 14-5 min)
according to my calculation at 8x i should be able to write it just in 7.5 min. what’s going on???
the written data works just fine…

nero’s gone wild
lite-on gone wild
I’m about to go wild :stuck_out_tongue:

nero problem occurs when writing at 2x as well.

pls help help help

Welcome.

I dont think firmware is the fault. [This is the firmware section…] :cool:

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=22564&sid=0022972f426763d8e078a4ac73b22257
:smiley:

thanks for pointing to my “OWN” post on rp1.org :stuck_out_tongue:
anyways I was happy to see the 8x option obviously 8x burns at 4x and kindda messes up the drive so 4x then…

Sounds like DMA is not enabled for your writer. Check that…

Also check what IDE drivers you are using.

sorry I forgot to update this the other post by me
that pinto2 pointed out is updated.
i had ordered 4x dvd+rw but instead they sent me 8x +r’s
i just found that out
so now the problem is why the hell is my lite on doing those stupid stuff with nice ritek 8x dvd+r’s.
any idea?

ow also this is external from usb 2.0. external enclousure is from caloptic. speedzter 5…
dma is enabled

Thanks

Originally posted by XtremeMaC
Hi there
now when its writing the light of the dvd=rw goes from red to yellow, yellow to red and recorder’s buffer keeps going up and down, used read buffer is at 98-100%.

Are you using the real 811, or “upgraded” 401/411?

I did not have any problems with my 411 writing at 4x before. Recently I have changed several things at once (stupid me) - applied Zebra v4 mod to convert my drive to 811, flashed HSOP firmware, and upgraded Nero from 6.3.0.2 to 6.3.0.3. After that I’m experiencing exactly the same issue as you are. The same +R media (RICOHJPNR01, packaged as Memorex 4x) that used to take <15 min to burn at 4x, now takes >40 min to burn with read buffer going up and down all the time. And - the same thing happens when writing CD-Rs, not DVD.
But - TMPGEnc DVD Author burns the disc (same media) at “Max” speed for less then 10 min - that’s why I think this might be the Nero issue. Unfortunately, I didn’t keep the 6.3.0.2 installer - but I’m going to find it and try to downgrade Nero to see if it makes any difference.
Right now I don’t have anything to burn - so it will be a while before I actually make any new tests. Please post if you find out anything new about this problem.

thanks for the info though my writer is real 811s.
i have dled Record Now Max 4.6 as suggested. though i haven’t tested it out yet. i’ll post my results soon.

Yeah, it’s definitely Nero 6.3.0.3… When I tried Roxio 6 today, it took ~8 min to burn the same RICOH media - no problems.
It’s not a first time when certain Nero versions have some serious bugs - once it couldn’t write CDs at all, only DVDs. I don’t know if any other drives are affected, or it’s only 811. Anyway I hope next Nero update will fix it though…

Update: Downgrading Nero to ver. 6.3.0.2 did the trick - the problem’s gone away.