Lite-on 5055 (Lite-On HDD+DVD Recorder)

vbimport

Hello everybody,
My lite-on dvd player-recorder does not play any dvd s not original and recorded dvd movies. he does play mp3 and music cds.

He does play movie`s i recorded on my hd.

I want to update but he also does not read that cd either.

Does anyone no wat the problem is?

Gr Gippy

You can try to take apart and clean the lens and spindle; if no luck then repalce the drive.

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;2092248]You can try to take apart and clean the lens and spindle; if no luck then repalce the drive.[/QUOTE]

Thanks ccromeo,
I have clean the lens and spindle , and the DVDs i have bought works but my burned DVDs does not works the DVDs get a : ? He does not no what kind of DVD it is.
Can i do something else?

I clean the lens with a tissue whit 99% alcohol.

You mean with: replace the drive to get a new one and put that in to it?

gr Gippy

time to look here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f102/replacement-drives-liteon-5xxx-recorders-207698/

[QUOTE=CCRomeo;2092454]time to look here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f102/replacement-drives-liteon-5xxx-recorders-207698/[/QUOTE]

Is it possible to do a update to solve this problem?
from te liteon page.
I also dont no how you can see what kind of version is in the liteon machine?

I m a bit scarry to put a other in it
Gr Gippy

[QUOTE=gippy;2092726]Is it possible to do a update to solve this problem?
from te liteon page.
I also dont no how you can see what kind of version is in the liteon machine?

I m a bit scarry to put a other in it
Gr Gippy[/QUOTE]

O I am sorry i think i have the latest firmware because the cd with te firmware does not “run”

Thanks

The LVW-5005 I had problems with began not playing recorded disks and got progressively worse until it would neither play nor recognize any disk. See the first link in post #127 of the link in CCRomeo post here for one way to do replacement and post #125 of same CCRomeo link here for another way of doing it. Also most burners past LiteOn 1693 have freeze on fast forward, and all lack VCD record ability. The Sony DRU-120C aka DW-G120A and Sony DRU-190A are 2 exceptions that don’t have freeze on fast forward.

[QUOTE=bevills1;2092788]The LVW-5005 I had problems with began not playing recorded disks and got progressively worse until it would neither play nor recognize any disk. See the first link in post #127 of the link in CCRomeo post here for one way to do replacement and post #125 of same CCRomeo link here for another way of doing it. Also most burners past LiteOn 1693 have freeze on fast forward, and all lack VCD record ability. The Sony DRU-120C aka DW-G120A and Sony DRU-190A are 2 exceptions that don’t have freeze on fast forward.[/QUOTE]

Oke thanks:)
I understand that if i want to put a other drive in it i must use a Sony for my liteon 5055.
But i am not so in to this …so must is do something else than just put it in ,I mean software or firmware ? or can i just switch.
I read about flashed but i do not no what that means:(

Sorry :confused: Gippy

The only thing need be done is to set the region on the replacement burner which may be done by playing a DVD in it while connected to a computer. You could update firmware by flashing while connected to computer, but it’s not required especially if you get one of the newer burners for replacement. Any drive from the replacement burner list should work whether Sony of LiteOn, but to avoid the freeze on fat forward problem the Sony DRU-120C or Sony DRY-190A would be best choices.

[QUOTE=bevills1;2093339]The only thing need be done is to set the region on the replacement burner which may be done by playing a DVD in it while connected to a computer. You could update firmware by flashing while connected to computer, but it’s not required especially if you get one of the newer burners for replacement. Any drive from the replacement burner list should work whether Sony of LiteOn, but to avoid the freeze on fat forward problem the Sony DRU-120C or Sony DRY-190A would be best choices.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for asking again Bevills 1
I have a old"dvd reader/burner from my computer he does not burn anymore but read fine.
If i put it in to the liteon and try it …does something happening with my liteon harddisk or can i try it safely and does it not work then buy the sony?

Sorry for asking again but i just want to play dvd and not burning so…

It won’t hurt anything to try it, but I’ve seen the Sony DRU-190A for around $30 recently at NewEgg, CompUSA and TigerDirect if you’re in the US. Remember to set the burner jumper to master before trying it in the LiteOn, i.e. if not already set to master. You need to set jumper to master for any drive going into the recorder whether new or older drive.

Thanks Bevills 1,for your answer.
I am not from the U.S but from the Netherlands. and I have searched for a sony but it is not so easy.
So i try first my old "one"en if that is not working i must search for a Sony you advised.

I hope I can get it fixed in the weekend.

i will let you and the other readers no Oke:)

Gr Gippy

Is the 5055 an updated version of the 5045 or just a series released with specific features for the country of sale ??
Also if you replace the DVD burner, do you loose the ability to set and play ‘Region Free’ as you do with the 5045?

FYI Sony DRU-190A is a rebadged LiteOn LH-20A3P, and Sony DRU-120C is rebadged LiteOn SHM-165P6S. Both of these LiteOns may be cross flashed to corresponding Sony if you’re able to find LiteOns and not Sonys, or you could just use the LiteOn drive if fast forward isn’t important.

Edit: Has the region free link at http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/comprehensive-liteon-tools-collection-v5-0-7-revised-8-january-2007-a-83441/ been tried while connected to computer? I would think this should work just as the Book Type Utility there did for my 5005.

I`v find online a sony dru 190.
First i tried to replace the drive with my "old"pioneer dvd burner(2003)(dvr 105A) i have ,but it does not work(i could not Waite to the weekend:) ) He does not read and go on tv channel.My liteone ddw 806s from my player does after cleaning play original dvd but now after put it back, not anymore.

I think i have first to buy the sony.
I hope that will work:confused: i i`m not so technical.

And gordon i think it is a updated version because i first have a liteon 5045 but he has to many problems and i have from liteon get this one instead after 4 times a 5045 and this 5055 was working good for a year but now ?..

Gr Gippy