Lite-On 48x24x48x16x CD/DVD Combo Drive: LTC-48161H

vbimport

#1

Lite-On’s 48x24x48x16x CD-R/CD-RW/CD-ROM/DVD-ROM combination drive LTC-48161H is coming into the retail market soon. It will be cheaper than Samsung SM-348B and LG GCC-4480B. The drive is both small and silent


#2

I want it! Seriously… :slight_smile:


#3

Good news at last from Lite-On. Wonder how it will hold itself against the LG and Samsung. Both of those are evenly matched (in price as well as in performance). How much cheaper will it turn out to be, as cheap as Lite-On’s CD-RW’s?

Now if only they got that DVD±RW on the market any time soon!

P.S> Kenshin, what made you get the LG combo over the Samsung? I still haven’t seen a full LG review anywhere.


#4

The LG looks better than the samsung for starters, samsung looks nasty :Z


#5

cool cool cool!!! more power to the LiteOn!:bow: :bow: :bow: make scsi combo drives too!!! :wink:


#6

scsi!?

I wish try and be a little more imaginitive with the design of these new drives … but for the price i suppose i cant complain


#7

What I want most:

native USB 2.0 DVD writers

native Serial ATA DVD writers


#8

More pictures from http://www.liteonit.co.kr. The drive is an engineering sample from Lite-On IT, Taiwan. The retail product will have different bezel design, of course.


#9

I will buy it as soon as it is released :smiley: :rolleyes:


#10

dito


#11

How does it perform the weak sector test?


#12

im insane, send me the firmware please:bow: :bigsmile: :bow: :bigsmile:


#13

Yes, I’m interested in whether or not it uses a mediatek chipset and if it works with mtkflash…


#14

great pics Kenshin! what’s the ETA of the release date?


#15

when comes this drive on the marktet i want to buy 3 :slight_smile:


#16

Originally posted by dhc014
Yes, I’m interested in whether or not it uses a mediatek chipset and if it works with mtkflash…

I may be way off on this, but since it is identified as having “smart-burn” instead of burn proof or just link or something like that, I would think that it would have to be a mediatek chipset, as I think that they are the only ones that were identified as “smart-burn”


#17

Originally posted by summit19
when comes this drive on the marktet i want to buy 3 :slight_smile:
Only 3? :bigsmile:


#18

>>Kenshin

Pardon me … but the drive in the pics really looks like one of the SONY engineering samples (52/24/52) that I received earlier on … true that Lite-ON also makes drives for SONY, but I’ve only seen the red “Engineering Sample” label on SONY drives.

Originally posted by Kenshin
[B]More pictures from http://www.liteonit.co.kr. The drive is an engineering sample from Lite-On IT, Taiwan. The retail product will have different bezel design, of course.


#19

Originally posted by Emilex
[B]>>Kenshin

Pardon me … but the drive in the pics really looks like one of the SONY engineering samples (52/24/52) that I received earlier on … true that Lite-ON also makes drives for SONY, but I’ve only seen the red “Engineering Sample” label on SONY drives.

[/B]

Well, that would make sense then since Lite-ON would send that engineering sample to Sony.


#20

Originally posted by Emilex
>>Kenshin

Pardon me … but the drive in the pics really looks like one of the SONY engineering samples (52/24/52) that I received earlier on … true that Lite-ON also makes drives for SONY, but I’ve only seen the red “Engineering Sample” label on SONY drives.

Don’t worry about it. It IS Lite-On.