Lite-on 48x24x48x and platinum cds = problem

vbimport

hey everybody im quite new here, and i got (for some time already) a quite huge problem with my lite-on burner

i’ve made some pictures to show you all what kinda shit i use :stuck_out_tongue:

first of all a description of the problem:

when burning a platinum (48x certified) cd my lite-on burner spins down at around 90% and then succeed the cd at a low speed (looks like it uses buffer underrun protection to complete the cd)

nero says it burned my cd succesfully, but when i use file verification, it simply cant read the cd at 90% …

i hope somebody can help me, probably by advising a old firmware

i got around 100 cds of this brand left, and it seems its only a platinum problem, but a friend mine got exactly the same burner and exactly the same discs and doesnt have any problems like i do

here some pictures:

first the platinum cds:

second of all a picture of my burner itself:

a picture of my drive in nero:

a picture of a cd which seems to be burned good:

and at least the error after file verification:

all reactions are welcome…

greetz

qazzie

ur cds probably aren’t good for burning at 48x. try burning this media at lower speeds, and see if u can get different high-speed media to see if the problem persists.

Imation are, compared to what Platinum often sells, quality discs…

how about testing the blanks with cdspeed ? see what you come up with.

OH so true! The RiTEK made Platinum discs aren’t bad, but most of them are made by MultiMediaMasters (junk, to put it politely)

Originally posted by alexnoe

I’ve also seen Fornet and Digital Storage Technology discs. These are bad…much worse than MMMM…

i got some mmore here and they just work fine, but i’ve never got any problems with platinum… they always worked fine…

Use CDRIdentifier to see who (according to it) makes the discs.

Try to update your firmware too the latest one .ss0c.

If that don’t help burn at 40x.

Ritek also makes "bad batches, and guess who they are sold to: Platinum and Intenso…

from the lite-on site:

Q9 Does LITE-ON have a recommended list of CD-R / RW disc?
A9 We support most brand names of the discs such as RICOH, RITEK, PRINCO, and etc. We suggest all users contact us if you encounter problem using any brand of discs, so we can improve our compatibility.

i just upgraded to latest firmware, SS0C, which should matching more media (according to lite-on site) but it still doesnt burn a cd at 48x nor at 40x, and it give exactly the same error, no more platinum for me i think…

Fugi’s are on sale for a good price @ bb. Also a good inexpensive blank is Staples (really), They test nicely with cdspeed and no errors.

Originally posted by nmpaulcp
Fugi’s are on sale for a good price @ bb. Also a good inexpensive blank is Staples (really), They test nicely with cdspeed and no errors.

what are Fugi’s and whats bb?

i must say i’ve never bought any other brand besides of platinum, or no brand at all

what do you think about tayo yuden (or how you spell it)

that brand is supposed to be one of the best isnt it?

greetz

qazzie

Fugi = Fuji
Taio Yuden (or simply TY) is quality discs, and Fuji sells these cheap in the US.
Expensive and hard to find in stores in Europe though…
Our CD Freaks shop has TY :slight_smile:

aaaah since i live in europe, i didnt recognize a us shop, thanks for the info airhead

today i got some Imation discs (48x certified too)

burned them at 48x and 40x, all fine and when burned, the cds were 100% ok at the file verification, but when i use nero cd speed, the errors will come at the end

i burned 4 discs, 2 with 0 errors, according to cdspeed
and 2 with a shitload of errors (but still readable by data verification in nero)

after some time , im wondering the following:

• can i trust cd speed (latest version today downloaded)
  • can i trust nero (according to the 100% ok at the verification)
  • isnt my LITEON 48246S a totally fucked up device…

the cds are ok, but with errors, what do you guys think?
i dont wanna check all my burned cds with cd speed quality check, but i dont want cds with errors too

Why do you change from one sort of crap discs to another one?

Originally posted by alexnoe

ermmm? on advice?
from you probably? :stuck_out_tongue: